iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free Logs; White Pine & White Oak Sebago Maine

Started by JJ, October 22, 2016, 09:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

For sawyers Southern Maine.

I have to make room for new leach field, so have several large trees which are going to come down.
Here is white pine, nice and straight about 80' tall:

And second white pine, not quite as big as above, as well as about 15" white oak.  Bucket is in front of the oak.

Logs will be on ground, free for taking but must be gone by November 4.   If you can come during week of the 4'th, excavator maybe here to help load.

JJ

Ox

Free on the ground is a pretty good deal...........how much to ship?  :laugh: ;)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

DanMc

I'm so excited to go pick up these logs!!!!!

I'll post some pics once they are on the trailer!!!!!!!
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

Weekend_Sawyer

Way to go Dan!

FF members helping FF members!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

york

Albert

DanMc

Had a great time with JJ loading up five logs he cut down for his septic work.

This tiny case tractor of his may be small, but it is amazingly strong for its size.  The tractor lifted the larger logs onto the trailer one end at a time.  This was only about 17 miles from our place in Conway, NH.  I'm looking forward to presenting him with an oak slab for a mantle in his new home. 
LT35HDG25
JD 4600, JD2210, JD332 tractors.
28 acres of trees, Still have all 10 fingers.
Jesus is Lord.

Sixacresand

Quote from: DanMc on November 06, 2016, 09:58:54 PM
Had a great time with JJ loading up five logs he cut down for his septic work.

This tiny case tractor
I bet it is a great asset around the mill.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

isawlogs

Great score, I've been near there a few times.  8) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

JJ

It was great to meet Dan and have one last bit of fun with the little '78 Case 646. 
It is an impressively strong little tractor, built the same way as the big ones at the time.  It's the little tractor that thinks it can...
We talk a good bit about family changes and exploring new things.  Turns out we overlap a bit between NH and MA.

Sadly it was last ride as I sold the 646 that afternoon, and the house yesterday.
Just not going to need it at my new home.

Also left behind is the E-Classic 2300 OWB, and I wish the new owner good luck, and hope it keeps them as warm as it did for me.

I have to find some new hobbies to distract me now..    :P

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!