iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic pump question

Started by pidaster, June 07, 2015, 06:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidaster

I've seen the hydraulic upgrades to some mills and would like to add Pineywood's turner and clamp. I don't know much about the proper set up of hydraulics and can't find much on the pump I have available to me.
I have a Danfoss 86790-24 RV 1450 PSI pump with attached tank. It was previously used to power a dock leveler. These are set to pump fluid out when the motor turns on and the pistons release when the motor turns off. Can this pump be set up to be run with hand control valves?
The pump has two outputs on top. Basically one piston activates until it reaches full extension, then the other activates. I see other parts/ ports but not sure of their function.

pidaster

I fail at photos.

There are two pictures of the pump in my gallery.

Magicman

Your pictures are there.  You probably did not scroll down far enough to see the post picture box.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

If it pumps oil with 1400 pounds pressure, it will run a pineywoods turner/clamp. Just can't say how fast without knowing the gpm  of the pump.  It looks like the pump is designed to be bolted to the end of an electric motor. 2 to 3 hp recommended, but mine works with an old 1 hp wound rotor motor and a 3 gpm gear type pump.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

bandmiller2

Very likely that set up will power the turner/clamp, you will need a open center two spool valve as you need to interact the two cylinders on the turner. Both cylinders are double acting so you don't need a large tank. That pump motor is not three phase is it.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

pidaster

It had a 480v three phase but I pulled it off and will use a 120v or 240v on it.

Thank You Sponsors!