iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diesel kubota lost power??

Started by shinnlinger, June 25, 2011, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shinnlinger

Hi,
Topped up with fuel and threw the brush hog on this eve.  Mowed for about an hour when it suddenly lost power and stalled.  I was able to restart and limp it home putting it in low range to climb a hill, but definitely lacking.  Seems to idle fine and no smoke or funny sounds.

It acts like I have a gelled fuel filter in the winter and that is the first thing I will swap out, but what else should I look at?

Thanks.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Coon

Sounds like either fuel filter is clogged or you may have a blockage in the line somewhere.  Is it hesitating  or bucking at all?
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

scsmith42

Check all aspects of fuel delivery to the injector pump.  I had a JD 550B dozer that had similar problems a number of years back; turns out that someone had dropped a rag into the fuel tank and it would occasionally float over next to the fuel pickup and block it.  Took me a few weeks to figure that one out...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

shinnlinger

Well CS you called it.  Put in a new filter and the tractor ran great for 5 minutes while I burnt the ATF I had put in the fuel bowl and then died out.  I noticed the fuel bowl slowly refilling though so I ended up taking the tank out and dumping the fuel thru a t-shirt screen and a little piece of foil that seals anti gel bottles came out.

Runs good now!

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Coon

Uhuh, you found the culprit, eh?  Bet you'll be more careful from now on.   ;D  I actually had that happen to me with an old snowmobile that you had to premix your fuel and 2 cycle oil.  The spout from the jerrycan never had a screen to stop the foil.  The machine would run great for about 5 minutes than just starve for fuel and stall out.  Took a good while to figure out.  I had to get a lil anal with myself and making DanG sure I remove the foil carefully and completely from any kind of bottle before attempting to use. A little pair of needlenose pliers and small flat screwdriver take care of that.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

scsmith42

Quote from: shinnlinger on June 29, 2011, 09:56:20 PM
Well CS you called it.  Put in a new filter and the tractor ran great for 5 minutes while I burnt the ATF I had put in the fuel bowl and then died out.  I noticed the fuel bowl slowly refilling though so I ended up taking the tank out and dumping the fuel thru a t-shirt screen and a little piece of foil that seals anti gel bottles came out.

Runs good now!

Dave

Dave, glad that I could help out!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!