iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going orange.

Started by LeeB, December 06, 2006, 01:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

I been milling about 6 years a TK 1200 manual mill and have really loved it but now I'm gonna give the orange a try. Made a deal on an LT40HD super. Boy am i erally looking forward to going to get it. Gonna be a long three weeks till I get off this dang rig over here in Egypt. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bibbyman

Way to go!   8)

(Orange that is.)  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Greg Cook

Congratulations on the new saw, Lee. Hope you can play work with it after Christmas.
(BTW, does it suprise anyone that Bibbyman was the FIRST responder to this?  :)
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Jeff

No. :D   He must wear an orange alert alarm. :D

Good for you Lee.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Where's yer place in Pyatt ??

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ChopperDave

As you can see this is my first post but won't be the last.  I've been cutting firewood to heat my home for the past 30 years and in the last 5 years have started making other things from wood that I've had cut.  I'm about to build a new house and want to utilize my own timber for flooring, trim, shops and sheds.  So I'm looking to purchase a manual saw mill.  I think I've looked at about 30 different models over the past 3-4 weeks.  I think I've settled on a TK 1220??  So I wondering why your switching from a TK to a WM?
2005 timberKing 1220 20hp Kohler

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum ChopperDave.
Sawing since '94

Warren

Lee,  Congrats on the new mill.  You'll love it...  I just moved up from an LT15 manual to an LT40 Super.  No comparison...

Greg,  I'm not surprised that Bibby was the first.  Only that it was 3 AM !!!   That was either way late, or way early...   ???

Warren

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

brdmkr

Biiby makes me want to go orange just because it seems to make him so happy :D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bibbyman

I guess I must have been awakened by the sound of another WM owner being born.   ;D
Sawing since '94

LeeB

Thanks for all the replies. I just had to let somebody know I got a new toy. ;D

Chopper Dave,

I went over to Wood-Mizer mostly because of all the good things I hear about them here on the forum. I also found what I thought was a really good deal on one. I don't have anything at all against the TK and I plan on keeping it for now. The 1220 and the 1200 are pretty much the same mill. the 1200 is just an older version. It's a good mill and you won't be disapointed. I've never used the lt15 so I can't compare, To me the TK looks better for that size mill. I also went to WM because you can cut a little bit bigger log than TK. The B20 is a good mill also and at one time I was going to upgrade to it.

Harold,

Don't know how familiar you are with Pyatt, but you take the road out of town like you were going to Zinc and turn to the right on another county road just before the paved road runs out. Go down that way a couple miles and fork to the right and keep going till you run outta road. I think if I'm remebering right it is part of the old Turner ranch. It has the only remaining open access to Brown cave on it. I'm about 20 minutes from Arky.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

TexasTimbers

Lee those instructions are good enough for someone to come and hook up to your new orange machine after you get it. Better chain it to a Hickory tree!
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tom

When I was in Arkansas, it looked to me that Caves are a big attraction and generate a good deal of money.  What do they do when they lose the access roads to a Tourist attraction like a cave?  Is Browns Cave a tourist attraction?

Fla._Deadheader

LeeB, been to Zinc, and know the place where you turn off. Never been down THAT road, though.  ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

LeeB

Your probably right Kevin. Might ought to edit a little.
It's not a tourist cave. I think they did some mining at the other end at one time. That end has been sealed off. The thing is supposed to be about three mile long. I'm only brave enough to check out the front room so far and it aint real big. LeeB

Fla._Deadheader

Reckon that's why it's called "Zinc" ???  There are LOTS of old Zinc mines in North Arkansas.

First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!