iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member needs help!

Started by Slow_Joe, August 30, 2004, 01:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slow_Joe

I was referred to this forum by a member of the WWA woodworkers forum. It is an interesting forum.

Friday I had a large Wild Cherry tree come down in a wind storm in my back yard. I was able to get two logs about 20" to 24" in diameter and about 5 * 7 ft long, that I would like to have sawn into lumber.

Would any of you folks know of a Sawyer in the St. Louis, MO area that might be willing to do it for me?

Secondly, should I coat the ends of the logs now?

Thanks for your help!
Joe

oakiemac

Welcome Slow Joe,

On the very left side of this forum is a "find a sawyer" button. just click on this and you should find some one  close to you.

To answer the 2nd question-YES. ASAP. Coat with Anchor seal or similar product. Baileys sells some or you can call 1-888-end-coat.
Oakie
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tom

AS well as checking the "find a sawyer"  keep checking into the forum for answers to your post.  There are a lot of old post that would interest anyone who likes wood.  That'll keep you busy. :D

Welcome to the forum.  We have turners here too.  You might find a reason to stay. ;D :)

Kirk_Allen

I think you might be right in Kevins back yard.  He is in Sparta.

His online name is KevinH

I would love to cut them up but I'm 2 hours east of ST. Louis.  I think I might get strung up if I went looking for business in Kevins turf ;D

Kevin_H.

Hey Kirk I dont mind sharing the wealth... ;D

Hey slow joe we have a member right close to ya...closer than me, I just cant remember who it is right off hand.  :D

Hey wait a minute it's ronwood out of warrenton mo...He might be able to fix ya right up... if not let me know and we'll get'r done.

I'm about and hour s.e. of st.Louis
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Fellers, dont post someone elses email address in your posts. Its not allowed. If someone wants to post them for the spam spiders on thier own thatit thier business, but PLEESE do not post someone elses address! It will be edited out even thought I do not want to be spending my time doing it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kirk_Allen

Sorry Jeff.  My mistake.  I didnt even think about it since it was available on the Member Map.  Wont happen again.

Kirk

Thank You Sponsors!