iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eastern White Pine Logs going price

Started by PA_Walnut, September 05, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_Walnut

I have the opportunity to get some nice, straight clear logs in 12', 16' and 20' with centered hearts, few limbs, etc.

Going to build a TF structure (shop/outbuilding) later this year, so wanted to get sawing and placed on sticks. Since I don't have a cut list yet, considering just sawing squares to whatever the log will yield and resaw later when I have the list.

Any caveats I should consider and what's the going rate for prime saw logs. FOB, timbering site?

Thx
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

PA_Walnut

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

bigred1951

Around here might as well leave them stand or give them away. Mills don't want pine. Should be really cheap if had to pay any.

jdtuttle

Have a great day

PA_Walnut

Thanks for the info. It appears (or so I am told) that white pine is fetching $100/M at a local mill and $250 for prime a bit north. I'm asking for prime+ since it's for my building/man-cave, so willing to pay for the pick-n-choose. Anyone have a load of prime pine?
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Dave Shepard

The problem is nobody wants to have their logs high graded and get stuck with the junk. Around here,  I don't know what the pulp situation is.  I'd like to pay enough for the good stuff to offset the hassle of disposing of the junk, but I haven't had any luck with that yet.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

PA_Walnut

I agree with that! Wouldn't a timber seller rather get $$ for sawlogs and send the rest for pulp, thus enhancing their bottom line?
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!