iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Sharpener

Started by butterfingers, June 23, 2013, 06:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butterfingers

Hello,
     Haven't been on this forum in a long time....Last fall I finally got my hands on a Woodmizer LT30 after toiling with my old Lane #1 circle mill. It is a good mill but the WM is much more suited to the sawing speed I was looking for and more user friendly. The mill came with a LTAGA sharpener among other things including all books, a pile of blades: resharpened, new, and dull. I cut quite a bit last fall and was very happy with the performance of the mill, even running mostly resharpened bands. The previous owner of the mill had passed away so I was unable to get any sharpening advice from him (by using his blades though he definitely knew what he was doing). I know that dressing the wheel is critical to proper sharpening and takes a bit of learning. Has anyone ever tried using a diamond wheel on the LTAGA sharpener? I found one on Ebay but dont know anything about it and it is located overseas. I will try to post a link to the listing. From what I can read most people are happy with this kind of sharpener so I wasn't really considering a new one. Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Woodmizer-LTAGA-old-style-sharpener-CBN-wheel-125X6X12-7mm-bore-5-X1-4-x1-2-/121099150156?nma=true&si=fM00Ry3Ue1B71WGlhuS4KwbrTtQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

VictorH

Diagrind out of Ireland makes a CBN wheel that works on the old style sharpeners.  I just switched and am very pleased.  No dressing and a quality wheel.  There have been a couple of recent threads about sharpeners.   Read them they will give you a bunch of info.

Victor

tommone

Butterfingers, I just sent you a PM. Tom

Thank You Sponsors!