iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Bit Busy!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, December 03, 2009, 04:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I have  not been around much as it stopped raining here for the most part and I had to get to work.  I quit building on the Ark and went to do a timber frame house.  Got it topped out last week.  Now to get the roof on and side that little darling.
  My computer just comes on every once in a while.  I think the power supply is going out again.
  I am alive and except for the headaches doing better.

ARKY
ARKANSAWYER

Tom

Take two asburns and comeback tomorrow.

You're looking mighty healthy standing up there on that roof point.   I'll bet the view is good from there.

Sure glad to hear that you're doing OK

Jeff

Is that a grey beard yer sportin Arky?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

Glad to hear your well, I was wondering where you were.  Nice looking timberframe.

Maybe your going for the Santa look this year?  Or is it the Tom look?

My kid thinks Tom is Santa.  (me too  ;))
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

I've been wondering where you were.   Busy is good...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

It's like déjà-vu all over again! 

But I note Arky ain't climbing up and standing on the top.

And he left his cape at home.   :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Larry

Yes, I was curious as to where the cape was also. :D :D

Glad to see ya on the topside again. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Well crap!  There's another segue I'm gonna have to pass on. :-\ :-X

Good to hear you're circulating, Arkey! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Meadows Miller

Gday

Arky its good to hear from you  ;) ;D 8) most of us get snowed under at times  ;) :D  do you have many frames in the pipeline Mate  ???

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

scsmith42

Quote from: Tom on December 03, 2009, 04:14:47 PM
Take two asburns and comeback tomorrow.

You're looking mighty healthy standing up there on that roof point.   I'll bet the view is good from there.

Sure glad to hear that you're doing OK

+1.  Glad to hear that you've been healing.  Hope that the headaches go away soon.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ARKANSAWYER

Well my computer went south for the winter.  But after a new power supply and a hard drive I am back up and running again.
  My head ache is why I am not standing on the top of that frame.  Some days I just want to sit in the corner and suck my thumb and cry.  Going to see another head doc in Jan.
  I am looking more like Tom every day.  Which I am a thinking is not a bad thing.  Santa is loved by all and most women think he is a hottie.  Why he is good with kids and animals and always knows what to bring.
  I will try to get a photo of the view from the top of the roof next time I am up there.  This is the same house I fell off of in June and cracked my gourd.
  My cape is hooked to my Baker shirt which I do not wear out in public. ;D
ARKANSAWYER

Warbird

Hey Arky.  You probably already know this but I'm going to say it anyway...  Sustained headache is not good at all, man.  Don't wait around any longer.  Get a full checkup, CT scans, the more in depth scans, get both your neck and head scanned, etc.

Just Do It.  As quickly as you can. 

Meadows Miller

Jeezz Arky i didnt know you had taken a spill  Mate  :o  :o :)  :)

ive had a couple that i was bloody lucky on like 26' from the ridge to the floor and collecting acouple of joists on the way down when i hit the second story floor joists then there was the time i got myself hung upsidedown on a rafter by my nailbag  :o :) ::) ::) Dad use to say i was mad getting in a rush and walking along the ridge beam and thigs like that  when i was young n dumb and in a rush im alittle wiser now i think  ;) :D :D

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on December 14, 2009, 07:50:47 PM

My head ache is why I am not standing on the top of that frame.  Some days I just want to sit in the corner and suck my thumb and cry.  Going to see another head doc in Jan.

I reckon warbird has the rite idea get all the tests you can and a good doc should sort out whats causing it   8) and like he said you allready know  ;) ;D 8)

I am looking more like Tom every day.  Which I am a thinking is not a bad thing.  Santa is loved by all and most women think he is a hottie.  Why he is good with kids and animals and always knows what to bring.

Dang i thought i shoulda taken a job at coles or woolys  ::) ::)  probobly woulda looked n acted more like bad santa though  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

My cape is hooked to my Baker shirt which I do not wear out in public. ;D

You dont want everyone to know everything have you got a phone box handy around home there Mate  ??? ??? ;) :D :D :D :D

Have a good one and I hope you heal up soon Mate  ;)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

ARKANSAWYER

I have been scaned, mri ed and x rayed till I glow at night now.  Them Doc's are so afraid to guess at what might be out of whack that they are afraid to do any thing but give me another pill.   "Doc" says I "them pills come with 3 pages of side effects all worst then the headaches."  The just cover up the problem not fix it.   I am sure something is just knocked out of alignment but can not tell where it is.  I can lift 400 lbs and move 5+ tons of wood aday and since the ribs and coller bone is healed I feel no pain any where.  Just feels like a clamp on my temples and every so offten someone gives it a tighten.   Seem to be more sensitive to light then any thing else.
  Looks like the Pres is messing with the ecomony again so things are going to get slower around here again.
ARKANSAWYER

Warbird

I'll be praying for you, Arky.  Hoping they find what is going on real soon and get it corrected.

Bibbyman

I once worked with a guy that had bad headaches.  He said they told him his brain was still growing! 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Papa1stuff

Arky,  I had headaches  bad when I bent over ,had cat scans MRIs the works ,went to a head DR. What he told me to do was to get one of those pillows that fit around your neck or gives your neck some surport , three or four days later no headaches!
Worth a try!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

SPIKER

I start getting headaches when my glasses are getting bad. light sensitivity is my #1 tell on top of the headaches that I am in need of a new pair.   Also when outside the Polarized glasses sure helps with my light sensitivity...   Also the headaches are worse when I need the glasses and I'm doing a lot of driving or up/down in heights where the spacial area changes with my body location that is not normal.   I ended up needing glasses to get my drivers license, got the glasses my headaches went away next day...  now why didnt I think of that.  seems I was squinting a lot which constricted the blood flow to my brain or some such thing that I didnt even know I was doing..

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Tom

Had a boy in Fox Division, in the Navy, who kept  hearing music, so the "Doc" cut his hatband out.  :-\

metalspinner

Chiropractor might be able to help with those headaches.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Fla._Deadheader

Went to a Chiropractor with a different problem, and one day, he asked if I had headaches. YUP.

He adjusted my neck bones, like wringing out a paper towel for re-use. NO head jerking for me  >:( >:(  He kept going up and down my neck, twisting the sections one by one. When he was done, I never had another head ache for several years. Never heard that bone rattling clicking when I turned my head, either.

May not help after taking that ½ gainer off the roof, but, keep it in mind. You DID land on your head-neck.  ::) ::)  Good luck with finding "Normal" again  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WH_Conley

Went to the Chiro for my back, he also asked me about headaches. Sounded like a bowl of rice krispies, helped a lot. Hope you get that cat skinned, whichever way it takes to do it. Be careful up there.
Bill

metalspinner

All of a sudden one day I was getting headaches so bad I would drop to my knees.  After months of trying to figure out the problem with several doctors, I put all the info together myself and came up with with a cause - high fructose corn syrup in the liqued form.  These headaches would pop up after I would drink something with HFCS.  It's amazing how much of that stuff is in the market place.  I haven't had a soda or other bottled drink in over 2 years-except when we went to Costa Rica. They use real sugar down there.  ;) 

No headaches since.  Unless I make a mistake. ::)  Always ask a resaurant what they use to sweeten their sweet tea.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SPIKER

Quote from: metalspinner on December 15, 2009, 08:30:13 PM
All of a sudden one day I was getting headaches so bad I would drop to my knees.  After months of trying to figure out the problem with several doctors, I put all the info together myself and came up with with a cause - high fructose corn syrup in the liqued form.  These headaches would pop up after I would drink something with HFCS.  It's amazing how much of that stuff is in the market place.  I haven't had a soda or other bottled drink in over 2 years-except when we went to Costa Rica. They use real sugar down there.  ;) 

No headaches since.  Unless I make a mistake. ::)  Always ask a resaurant what they use to sweeten their sweet tea.

I didnt think about food allergies, my EX would get terrible headaches when ever she ate anything with a small amount of MSG (mono-sodium glutamate), this is in just about every thing at fast food places and any pre-prepared meals ALL Chinese stuff.   Her allergy developed at the same time her hoo hoos did. :o :o :D   She would turn GREEN when she had something with it in...

Try keeping track of what you eat the day you get one wright down every thing ya ate for last 24 hrs...
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!