iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chipping Chainsaw

Started by WH_Conley, July 22, 2005, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

Didn't know where to post this, Chainsaws, Health and Safety or here, so here goes.

I was driving down a narrow county road today, road crew was working on it, one county employee had two prisoners and was cutting and chipping brush, truck and chipper parked next to edge of road blowing chips over the hill and I had to wait a couple of minutes. OK, I can handle the wait, way I was going I was looking at the front of the truck.

Heard a right smart racket coming from the chipper and fire came out the outlet chute, course I made sure I was far enough away, hadn't never of heard one doing that before. After the county man got the machine shut off I pulled up closer and asked John what he was feedin that thing. John allowed as he didn't really know and turned to one of the prisoners and asked him what went in it. Prisoner replies " Musta been that chainsaw I set on the chute when I started shovin brush in". Never cracked a smile, I don't think he realized he did anything stupid. Probably robbed a liquor store and showed ID.

I haven't figured out yet to laugh or cry at this attempt to save taxpayers money.
Bill

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don R

Ah yes, what a beautiful story. :D :D When this guy gets out I'm sure he has a bright future ahead. :-\ :-\

Frank_Pender

He might be trying to maintain job security by sending the saw into the chipper.  They could get him for destruction of public property and keep him a bit longer on the work detail.  Or, the could release him immediately and  save the local tax payers whole whacks of money. 8)
Frank Pender

DanG

Sounds to me like he had enjoyed all the sawing and chipping he wanted.  He knew exactly what to do about it. >:(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

J_T

Best way to save everyone trouble would to throw him in after it ;D
Jim Holloway

Tom_Averwater

Sounds like J T has the best idea. :D
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!