iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3-53 swap to silver 3-53T

Started by TravisMVL, January 01, 2011, 12:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TravisMVL

I was looking across the internet for detroit diesel 3-53 rebuilt engine prices, and discovered that there is a silver 3-53T which is apparently turbo charged and puts out  130 HP and 312 lb of torque, it's 5" taller but modifying the hood wouldn't be hard.
Anybody ever do this?

doghunter

careful there more hp means more heat u may need a bigger or thicker radiator

Bobus2003

Swapped in a 130hp 4045T into my 440.. Big change from the original 70hp.. Cooling hasn't been an issue unless its a Hot Day(90's-100's) then it warms up a bit on hard pulls, traction on the other hand is.. It is very easy to spin the tires and break driveshafts/U-joints..

snowstorm

the sliver was much improved over the green one

Maine372

TJs are hard enough to see off of, do you really want to hood to be taller?

madmari

Go for it- just mount the seat on the roof and move the hydro valves up there with you. The view is great and you can actually see where the blade is ;D
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

MaineLogger

Go for it.Just make sure the engine turns the right way and the governor,blower and exhaust matches yours.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

lumberjack48

If the price is right and it turns the right way i would absolutely go for it. Love those Detroit's even if your not doing anything it sure sounds like you are.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!