iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today's score.

Started by Dave Shepard, July 21, 2018, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

8.3 kva of APC UPS's. Thinking about getting some panels and going off grid.  :D

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Anyone build a DIY powerwall? The small ups is ready to go, and my new router and fiber converter will get hooked up to that. The two big ones most likely need new AGM batteries at $175 each. I'm thinking of building a battery pack made from Li-Ion cells and recharging with solar panels. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sprucebunny

So those things have a battery IN them ? Do they switch automatically when the power goes out ? Do you lose power a lot ?

Someone gave me 10 AGM batteries ( large car battery size) several years ago and I bought the rest of the stuff for a 2KW solar system but never set it up because I didn't need it at the site I had planned if I wasn't going to build a house there and I couldn't afford the house.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Dave Shepard

Yes, there is a battery in each unit. They are plugged in all the time, and you plug anything you want to keep running into the back. They're is no interruption when the power goes off. Also, they are supposed to be very good surge protection. 

Thank You Sponsors!