iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reset Husqvarna Autotunes in the field

Started by weimedog, April 19, 2021, 02:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

Bob shows what he learned recently in a video. And it was really graphic with a 555...a saw some might have brought to the dealer and assumed it needed CST attention. It didn't , just needed a "Tijuana" tune up. :) 

Husqvarna AutoTune "Field" Reset, How To Tune Your Auto Tune :) - YouTube
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Sprinter

Even better than a Tijuana tune-up. No paint involved.
I think I may have experienced some of this last week but I've never let it idle for 3 minutes.
But I'm Gonna next time out.
Thanks guys!  8) Keep up the good work.

ButchC

Thanks for that I have owned a 550 since early on and never was informed of that procedure. "Expert" at the Husky display at the Bunyan show said to just hold it wide open out of the cut for 30 seconds. 
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

caveman

Thank you for the tip Weimedog.  I have a couple of 545's.  The one we keep by the mill usually takes 8-10 pulls to start and then runs like it is confused for the first couple of minutes.  After that it starts easily and runs fine for the rest of the day.  After reading your post and watching the video, I started the 545, sat it down for four minutes while idling.  The next day, it started with two or three pulls and ran properly right away.
Caveman

oldwoodchip

Quote from: ButchC on April 19, 2021, 08:08:00 PM
Thanks for that I have owned a 550 since early on and never was informed of that procedure. "Expert" at the Husky display at the Bunyan show said to just hold it wide open out of the cut for 30 seconds.
I have lived long enough not to trust so called "experts" especially when their business is selling you another saw. 
30 seconds WOT is a long time to me to leave a saw scream, even though saws are a tool I do take pride in looking after my tools. I never fancied the auto tune idea but recently bought a 550xp and looking forward to using it and seeing how it performs.... or not, whichever is the case ???

Colonel428

So I wasn't able to download or watch the video.  What's the gist of it please?  If your auto tune goes all wonky let it idle for 3 minutes?

rusticretreater

You should time it, but yes let it idle for three minutes.  After three minutes, it then stores all the settings for the saw idle. Then using a trash log, rev it up and sink the tip into the log and cut lengthwise down the log at full throttle.  Make a pretty long cut. You need to go for 40 seconds or more! If it is really off in its settings, you should hear it change its tuning. Even if you can't hear it change, its resetting things based on its programming.  In the video it took 20 seconds for the adjustment to change.  You then continue to run it for another 10-20 seconds to make sure it dials it in. That's all there is to it.  If its still acting up after that, then you need to go looking for the cause of your problems.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!