Sponsors:

How long have you been a Forestry Forum member?

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2009, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary

April 2005 Found this site from the other side of the fence. Because my father bought me a sawmill and I needed to find out how to run it.

crtreedude

Quote from: Wildflower on September 24, 2009, 05:41:46 AM
September 10, 2000, 01:45:43 PM
Over 9 years and I have to say I have met a lot of very nice people.   I am very glad Jeff had the thought to create a place like this. ;D

And you even met me once!  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

crtreedude

In all seriousness, I belong to a hand full of forums and this one by far is the most civilized. For this, I am very grateful to all the hard work by those who guard the spirit of this forum.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

moosehunter

4/25/04
Lurked for 2 months give or take.
1 pig roast.
Lots of friends!
Only one censure that I can recall :-[
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

ErikC

December 21, 2007. I Lurked a long time before joining, I think at least a couple years or so. Shouldn't have waited, but better late than never. This is by far the best forum I have seen.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Banjo picker

One year ago yesterday....Thanks for all the help...This is the only forum I am on and the only one I want to be on...I am a better sawyer for knowing you folks...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

January 24, 2002, 04:38:53 PM

I lurked fur quite awhile, 'cause I wasn't sure I'd fit in with dis bunch.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Weekend_Sawyer

... and ya dont!!!  ;D

na, yer ok Chet, I just don't want to visit ;)

May 01, 2002. Just a weeken operation. My goal was to have some fun and mill some loggs and so far so good.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Todd

2/14/2002....I think my wife would kill me if she knew I wasn't devoting my energies to Valentines day that day.
Also, same month and year as Beenthere (who has contributed much more here)
I joined almost as soon as I found the FF, but I think it was 3 years before my first post. (I type REALLY slow!!) ;D
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Warbird

July 13, 2007, so just over 2 years.  I lurked for maybe a month before joining?  I can't believe 2 years flew by already!

Ernie

4 years 260 days.  Gee time flys when you're havin fun
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Brucer

Just shy of 5 years since I joined. I was a guest lurked for several months before that.

A Wood-Mizer article sent me to the "wood doc's" site; after a bit I noticed that some guy named "Tom" had a lot of sensible stuff to say (more so than many posters over there). So one day I followed him home and one of the links on his site sent me here. Haven't been to that other place since.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

ellmoe

Just over five years, but didn't participate much at first. I think about three years "active". Now it seems like home. ;)

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

gary

If you want to really see how nice this place is go to FishUSA forums and read some of the posts there. Sorry don't know how to make a link to it.

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

rbhunter

I will have been a member for three years in October. Someday I hope to have a sawmill.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Bill Johnson

Bill

Ivey

Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

Dave Shepard

I joined three years ago in the middle of the Hancock Shaker Village Timber Frame workshop. Yesterday was the end of the '09 workshop. You can all blame Jim Rogers for three long years of putting up with my sillyness. :D I was a lurker before that for a bit.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DR Buck

I had to look it up in my profile.

Name:  DR_Buck
Position:  Senior Member x2
Date Registered:  January 14, 2004, 08:00:36 PM

Sure been a nice ride so far.  :) :) :)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

thedeeredude

Magicman

Well, If I had not "lurked" for 3-4 years...... ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

wi woodcutter

2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Sprucegum

March 6, 2005

I lurked for about a month. When my offer to purchase was accepted on my woodlot I knew I was committed - or should have been committed  ???