iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Introduction and TK2000 Remote Throttle Install ?

Started by TimGA, October 16, 2011, 12:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimGA

Little intro - Hello all - I have been reading here almost a year and I feel as if I already know you. I bought a TimberKing 2000 in May and I practiced on about ten logs before my first job. My first job - it was over 100° - stress, problems, my inexperience - blade dive, syp, 12 hour day - I was physically sick that night. If the mill would have been in the 30 day grace period - I would have hauled it back to Kansas City, MO! Went back the next day and told the guy - let me pick up and come back when I know how to do this. He said no - just do the best you can - he wouldn't let me leave. He hit the nail on the head when he told me all I needed was confidence! That was a huge four day learning experience. Since then I have kept sawing - now I have over 10,000 board feet and you can't have my saw! LOVE IT!
I had watched sawyers before and had NO cutting experience myself. Wow - what a learning curve. As always, reading is one thing - doing is another.  It has given me a desire to learn again – I look forward to being active in this forum.  I would like to thank my wife for her support in purchasing the mill – what a big decision.
Now to my question – I saw a post with pictures for a linear actuator from boatmiser on 11-27-10. I found actuator on ebay from mypushcart as he stated – also found one touch remote control for switch. Need to know what cable and ends to use from actuator to engine throttle. Would like to put it on my mill ASAP as I have a torn rotator cuff and working the throttle on this machine is difficult with this type of injury. Looking to have surgery in December.
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined up and look forward to hearing more.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redbeard

Welcome Tim Not sure if the 2000 has a cord reel but i went with a remote set up and elimenated the cord reel on my B-20 TK and i have also wanted to do a remote throttle. there is some good info on the forum for this.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ladylake

I think Kohler sells a remote throttle kit, in not my brother rigged up a linear actuator.  He just mounted it to the engine with the moveing end hooked to the hand throttle. 10000 bf on your way to a million .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Groo

seams like the easiest way to do it would be to hook a remote throttle to the same circuit/switch as the electronic clutch, so you don't have to run another wire.

ladylake

I'd keep them separate as I wouldn't want to disengage the clutch near as often as just slowing the motor down.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Magicman

I have no experience with a TK but,  Welcome to the Forestry Forum TimGA.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paper Maker

I just put a remote throttle on my B20. I used a 4" linear actuator. I put a 3-way momentary switch at the motor and a wireless remote at the operators end. This way I can idle the engine at two different places. The way I mounted the actuator was very simple. I put my Kohler on full throttle and use the actuator to force the governor to idle. It works great.  I took the remote off of a old wheel chair lift. I'll try and get some pictures in a couple of days.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!