iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is my last day here!

Started by DanG, January 30, 2004, 11:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

So Dan wat's it feel like to not have 2 bosses anymore .   Congrats on the retirement and enjoy your new found freedom .  8)
Hillbilly

Frank_Pender

DanG, good news.   Way to go.  I have been in that mode of 4 years, miss the kids but not the bureaucratic stuff.  

When it was suggest that you might have to learn to say no, you hade better take heed with that advice.   ;D

the part I have had to learn is with the honey do list, saying no to that is the most challenging. :'(  It has taken almost four years for that to happen andI am still learning. :D

Enjoy your time,wife, kids and grand children.  They are the most precious at this time in our lives.  8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Ed_K

Ed K

johnjbc

Congratulations on your retirement Dang. And good luck your new sawmill career.
Next Tuesday I will have 3 years to go but who's  counting
365x3+3=1098 days
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

AtLast

CONGRATS DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I am TOTALLY jelious and  COMPLETELY happy for you...My father retired from Fords after 50 years on the job and he is busier now than he was when he was working.....I get the impression Dan that youll be the same way ...ceptin NOW you'll be doin what Dan wants ta do......again.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

RavioliKid

DanG-

That is the best news I've heard in a long while! Congratulations!

8) 8) 8)

I am looking forward with great anticipation to June 2011.

RavioliKid

DanG

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and good wishes, folks. :) :)
The "honey-do" list won't change too much, except that now a few of the items on it have a slightly better chance of actually being accomplished. :D

I think AtLast sums it up best....I'll be busy, but I'll be doing everything when and how I DanG well please!  ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

hawby

Hey DanG,

Glad for you!!! I got 51 Fridays... and I'll be one too!!!

8)

Enjoy yours!

hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Dave_Fullmer

Congrats DanG,

Enjoy yourself and like others have said learn to say No.

I didn't think I was ready to retire, but when Murray Lawn Mowers sold to a China company, 2 years ago and announced our plant closing, I took my retirement.  What I can't figure out now is how I had enough time to work for Murray.

I go into the local Micky D's and see all the old timers in there chewing the fat and all I want is to get rid of some coffee and then buy a another Senior coffee to go.  Can't stay and talk because I got to get back home and get some logs moved, sawed or something.

Dave
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

Captain

DanG, its not retirement if you leave by choice to get closer to your dreams.  Its a gift to yourself.  Congratulations.  Now you'll have time to send us frequent pictures of your sawmill success stories!!

Captain

jwood

DanG this is good news..i had forgotten how short you were..i'm glad for you..i hope you get to do all those things you've been puttin off cause there wasn't enough time ..i'll  send you one of them round tuits if ya need one..lots of luck
an good times

shopteacher

Well DanG, you've been retired for sometime now and Old Butch wants an up date as to how it's been and what you been up to.  He's afraid you might go into a psychological depression from work withdrawal and give up sawing or some other silly notion.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

DanG

Tell Ol' Butch not to worry, Teach. I'd be more likely to have "settin' on my frustrated butt" withdrawals. :D  I'm a retirement veteran now, with a whole week under my belt. I've done a little sawing, and a bunch of infrastructure work, such as cleaning out the shop and some sheds, etc. I haven't missed the old job one bit! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!