iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Felling Saws

Started by StIhL_MaGnUm_1, September 11, 2002, 01:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StIhL_MaGnUm_1

TJack,

I use the Pro Forest logger wrap chaps,I would recommened any of the above there all good,it's good to hear you have not put them to he test..

Seth,

Good shot of the muffler on that 44,I opened up my 385's muffler a few weeks ago big difference,I tend to run my saws at 40:1 a little richer than the lean 50 they call for I might make the switch to 32:1 on the next saw that I buy though..

Later Rob...

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

A mate of mine works on a felling crew, contracted to one of the largest forestry companies here.  To give you an idea of the safety required of contractors, if a worker is found sawing without one piece of safety gear, they are instantly dissmissed, even something like sawing with your visor up.  Once a week they all go for eyesight and hearing tests, provided by the forestry company.
On a side note, the crew of 7 guys use 066's with 20 inch bars as their choice.  The head feller uses an 088!!  :o :o
They work from 7.00 to 3.30 with one 1/2 hour break for lunch.  Only other stops for refuelling/filing etc.  At the moment they are working in a very sandy area which is proving hard on the saws.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Thank You Sponsors!