iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is chainsaw safety mostly an attitude?

Started by Billy_Bob, November 20, 2005, 09:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

For the over achievers who make two, the first one is really painful.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Spike60

Another wrinkle here are those of us that occasionally run older saws that don't have chain brakes. Have to be aware and concentrate a little more. And again, I'll play with them on the firewood pile, but not get involved in any technical work. 

And more testimony that much of this is mental: With the oldies, it doesn't bother me at all. But a gutted/not working chain brake on a newer saw really bugs me! 
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

barbender

I've had way more kickbacks in the firewood pile than I have anywhere else. Maybe all of them, now that I think of it. And some good ones, where it actually broke my sprocket nose😬

I only point that out because I think we all tend to think of the firewood pile as less dangerous, but that's really not the case.
Too many irons in the fire

DHansen

For me, the hardest part is, thinking about how I'm going to get all that weight safely to the ground.  And then execute the plan being ready to alter my plan when things start to change.  Some situations look similar, but every tree is slightly different.  Second hardest is making sure I know where everyone else is, making sure others are safe and not just you are being safe.  Then there the checking condition of the straps and ropes.  There is a lot going into being and staying safe.

Thank You Sponsors!