iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How dumb can I be? VERY!

Started by tmbrcruiser, April 11, 2017, 10:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

If you don't have pictures, it didn't happen. That's all I have to say!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: WLC on April 12, 2017, 02:10:41 PM
... Amazing how that happens when you forget to put up the backstops. And it happens in slow motion.

Ain't that the truth... I usually find an expletive or two coming out of my mouth in slow motion also when these things happen.

It's good that we can all shake our heads, cuss a little, remedy the situation, and laugh about it later.

Magicman

I wish that I had a picture of my worse one somewhere except in my mind.  It was a 20' X about 26" White Oak.  Of course the sawmill head was almost all of the way up and the log never stopped rolling.  It buried the side outriggers and you could walk under the tail end of the sawmill.  The log end jamming into the ground is the only thing that kept the sawmill from turning over on it's side.

I did not have access to the customer's tractor so I left and went home.  When I got there the next morning the sawmill was upright and the log was laying on the loader ready to be sawn.  That is the incident that made me start carrying a camera.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!