iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

home farmi

Started by SAW MILLER, August 25, 2005, 05:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW MILLER

I have a wench off a wrecker and I'm makin a home farmi outa it.Think it will work?I'll be running it on a massey 240 pto . I'm athinkin about mounting it on a six inch I beam and also use the I beam as a base for the blade.Anyone ever tried this?
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Frank_Pender

I like the concept.  I first read the idea and thought, "Did he mean winch, or wench?"

I use to have my wife run the winch and sometimes I called her wench.   She did not like either one very well. ;D
Frank Pender

SAW MILLER

Sometimes I don't spell velwy good . I think I'll do a temporary hook up to see how much guts it has before building up the blade and guards.

tnlogger

tell ya what i've done get a 5' box blade and mount the winch to it  two in one tool  ;D
gene

SAW MILLER

Good idea,did you use a pto driven winch like is on a wrecker?

tnlogger

we used an old winch of an AC dozer with the the brake and clutch built in the winch you got off the tractor to run the winch if i rember that far back  :D but i know it worked good and the weight made it grade good to
gene

moosehunter

Make sure you plant that winch well, the small wrecker winches are 15-20k lbs :o
My naighbor has one under a 3/4 ton pick-up. He always has to chain it(the truck) to a tree or his BIG back hoe to keep it in place when winching a large tree.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

crtreedude

Wouldn't a wench off a wrecker be a Homewrecker?

Sorry, couldn't resist....

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Frank_Pender

What I did was take a winch off of a Duce and a half and designed a 3 point system along with an aframe unit that rises about 3 feet with a short 8 inch boom,  from which hangs a grapple.  The winch is run by the pto and I simply added an additional set of dydraulic lines for the grapple from a third port on the tractor.

The first logging job I did, about 12 years ago, I set one choker in ten truckloads.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!