iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

just trying to help out a friend

Started by slider, June 29, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Customsawyer came by to visit a while back and I took him to see a really nice oak that was probably free for the taking.I figured he would jump on this opportunity for a small challenge .It was around 5 1/5 to 6 ft diameter which I figured was no big deal to Jake,but he turned me down.I guess some people don't know how to make purse out of a sow's ear.

al glenn

Gadrock

I heard through the grapevine that Jake could do that project easily...Quartersawn!

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

sealark37

There could be snakes the size of your arm in that root ball!

pigman

I can see the problem for Jake. The log is not long enough. Jake likes big long logs.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Nomad

Al, are you saying there's a log in that picture? :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Dave Shepard

Well, there are logs, and then there are saw logs.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red oaks lumber

some of my customers would call that veneer :D the 2 things you'll get from that thing(log) is slabs and sawdust.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: red oaks lumber on June 29, 2014, 11:40:08 AM
some of my customers would call that veneer :D the 2 things you'll get from that thing(log) is slabs and sawdust.
Are you sure there is no firewood in there?
100% recovery  8) 8) 8) ;D
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Quote from: slider on June 29, 2014, 08:14:21 AMno big deal to Jake,but he turned me down. 
Jake is a very wise man.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

red oaks lumber

i didn't see any firewood in that thang :D :D ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

Nor did I.  Firewood is much easier to come by that tackling that.  Termites gotta eat too.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: slider on June 29, 2014, 08:14:21 AM
I guess some people don't know how to make purse out of a sow's ear.

Don't show that to Poston,
he sells sows ears all daylong for $300 each.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

barbender

Quote from: WmFritz on June 29, 2014, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: slider on June 29, 2014, 08:14:21 AM
I guess some people don't know how to make purse out of a sow's ear.

Don't show that to Poston,
he sells sows ears all daylong for $300 each.  ;D
No kidding ;D
Too many irons in the fire

drobertson

Stand it back up, maybe something good will happen,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Al,

I tried to help him too.  Referred a walnut log customer to him  :).  Turned out it was not the best of walnut logs  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bert

Dont forget a headache!
Saw you tomorrow!

Thank You Sponsors!