iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Scared Me Just Watching It

Started by submarinesailor, July 23, 2016, 08:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Magicman

Looked like a reverse double barber chair.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DDW_OR

the way it fell it looked like it was not a full length tree. missing its top.
ROTTEN core.

To me, this is PROOF there is a GOD.
I do not mean a pagan "Tree god"
"let the machines do the work"

timberlinetree

Yikes! That tree just fell apart. Glad he made it!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Qweaver

Better to be lucky than good in this case!  Hope I never get one like that.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Ox

I felt the butterflies in my gut just watching this.  That poor guy didn't know which way to run.  I'm guessing most of us have had very close calls and are fortunate to not be dead, or worse, and this guy had one on camera.  Yikes.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Roxie

My heart almost stopped.   :D
Say when

sawguy21

:o I imagine he needed to change his laundry. The saw looked like it survived too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Carson-saws

Definitely a rubber underwear situation.  I was not only shocked by the escape but...it would be pretty dern obvious the condition of the lower tree.....having made his notch didn't he feel or even see the mush wood?...his back cut was favoring the left side as he worked around it... and personally I would have survayed the cutting area to make darn sure I had an escape route should something like that occur.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

ppine

Anyone that is a faller that has lost their fear, needs to quit.
Forester

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!