iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Jonsereds

Started by mcourtney, October 15, 2014, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcourtney

I would like to buy another new saw but I'm not sure if the new 2172 is as good as my 2171. I would like some input from forum members as to what youre thoughts are. Thank You.

celliott

They are different saws (but similar)
2171 and the old husky 372xp were the same. Now it's Husqvarna Xtorq, strato saws.
2172=372xp xtorq.
On paper, a slight bump in power and weight.
Now I have an old 372xp and a 2171. Love them both, awesome saws. I have never ran one of the new strato versions.
I have heard the 2172's had alot of crank bearing problems, but, that's just something I've heard, and maybe not a fact at all.

Anything wrong with your 2171? just want a new saw?
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

mcourtney

Yes, I would like to get some newer saws while the finances allow. I did buy some new model Huskys and they rank right up there with complete junk.

mcourtney

I should say my current saws are pro grade Jonsered and Husqvarna. The Dolmar line might be where I'll look too.

David-L

I have run a 2172 for over a year now and have liked it and have had no problems. was a little hard starting until it got broken in a bit. the other saw I run is a 6400 Dolmar with a 80cc jug kit on it and again that is a screamer and have had no problems with it. The Dolmar and the Jonsered both run very clean and the air filters do well. I have great dealers for both close by and that is a big factor for me. If I was to own one saw it would be a toss up.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

goose63

I have had a 2171 for 15 years now it quit me so I bought a 2188 and like it. did rebuild the 2171 and plan on using it another 15 years if I live that long
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Maine logger88

I had a 2171 (actually still have somewhere lol) I loved it ran it 3 years as my main saw till it was completely worn out then I bought 2 2166 which I ground out the baffles in the transfer ports basicly making a 2172. I love those saws too they definitely have more power than the 2171 did my oldest one isn't quite a year old yet but I haven't had any trouble yet with bearings or anything else for that matter.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

coxy

Quote from: Maine logger88 on October 16, 2014, 09:40:00 PM
I had a 2171 (actually still have somewhere lol) I loved it ran it 3 years as my main saw till it was completely worn out then I bought 2 2166 which I ground out the baffles in the transfer ports basicly making a 2172. I love those saws too they definitely have more power than the 2171 did my oldest one isn't quite a year old yet but I haven't had any trouble yet with bearings or anything else for that matter.
the 2166 are 150 bucks cheaper here   have 2 one ground out and one not vary hard to tell any difference in power  never had any prob with jreds    the 2 372 huskys I had  1set bearings  each and the next time they were junked  will never own another  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!