iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What happened to racesaw.com?

Started by weimedog, December 22, 2010, 07:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

It was there, now a message saying its permanently closed shows up..
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Rocky_J

Maybe somebody finally took out the trash.  :-X

nmurph

geez, it took me two years to finally get a response to my problems trying to register. i know that others had similar problems. i can't imagine that anything like that would cause membership problems!!!! i was a member there for a total of 2 months and made one post. oh well. there is another tree forum that i can't understand how it stays up. there won't be any new posts in the chainsaw sections for days at the time. maybe they are running gonzo on some of the other sections, i just don't look around on them.

weimedog

My guess is they were hacked on the registration and now totally hacked. There was more saw building data on that website than all the rest put together so I liked just reading there!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Al_Smith

I won't speculate because I really have no idea what happened .However I don't know of any web forum no matter what the subject content  is that hasn't been hacked  at least several times .

Cut4fun

The reason you could never register is the site Admin/Mod kept the place locked up and only hand picked who he wanted in.

The site owners didn't know this was happening and he lied flat out to the site owners over and over as to why.

Oh, try and start a thread with that heading else where.   :D :D  I cant believe they left it here in the chainsaw section for this long.

Merry Christmas all,

tlandrum

now everyone will rush back to arborist site or over to ehpsaws for there saw fix.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

bill m

Quote from: tlandrum on December 22, 2010, 05:57:45 PM
now everyone will rush back to arborist site or over to ehpsaws for there saw fix.
Sorry, not me. I'm staying here. 8)
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

wannabeonetoo

They all have their pluses and minuses. Just a shame some of the members, (of any forum), can't seem to be able to keep their egos in check and have fun & enjoy/share information.
I join these places to learn,then share what little I have. I hope it all gets sorted out over there, there is some good people over there with lots to teach.

Just my $0.02

Steve

Al_Smith

Just as general thought it seems that no matter what forum or what subject they all get their own special personality .Now this could be good or bad depending on how you see it .

On this praticular forum which I might add is very nice and I enjoy it for what it is . However on some without naming them I can be just as nastey as the partcipants and ask for none nor give no quarter .So goes web forums ,for better or worse ,they are what they are .

weimedog

Quote from: tlandrum on December 22, 2010, 05:57:45 PM

Maybe..looks like some came here vs. arboristsite!

tlandrum

myself i go here and aborist site and stayed away from the race saws site. i was a member there and ended up canceling my membership and went else where for my saw fix.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

H60 Hawk Pilot

My Oh My... I just got a Taste of a Super XX**&^&%$ on the Aborist channel.

Quite a difference in Good Folks Here and Not so Good Folks There.  Little Joke, Jeff would have got'em if they tried that type of behavoir here. The subject I addessed was General Safety. This one guy kept coming at me to include specfic Safety Guidelines that he could follow on his job. He was deranged (my thought's) and after 4 post's from him... I laid into him (the nut case) it was not sugar coated.

It blow's my mind.. how people get that way (nasty ass _ _ les) and ruin about very thing they can because it's their nature.

Happy Holidays

Avery   
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

weimedog

Regardless..it still down for what ever reason...wonder if the name goes back into the pool and can another website can be built w/ that name? I'm not familiar with web rules & laws regarding defining sites and purchasing names etc....or maybe the ones interested in true forestry stuff and saws for the working types can just stay here!

Ianab

If no one pays the domain registration fee before it expires, then yes, that domain becomes "free" again and someone else can register it and set up a new site.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

parrisw

Haven't been around this site much.  I actually joined here before AS.  I did a search looking for why RS closed, and found this thread.  Maybe I'll hang out a little more here.

Warbird

This is a good site.  These guys have a wealth of information.

Al_Smith

A little secret  of web forums,they come they go for whatever reason .Some stay and the people move on for various reasons .

I personaly visit quite a few ,some I participate some I just lurk some I don't even go there because of personal reasons I won't delve into .Eventually though most people that surf the net  might end up on several but might not care for them and leave for whatever reason and end up on others .--and so goes internet  forums.

No one forum has all the info in the world of saw building, forestry ,bandsawing or any other topic although some might have more content of one topic than others do .

Al_Smith

News flash ! According to Rick via a google search they got hacked  but should be back on line soon .

As I said before this hacking happens to all of them sooner or later .Too bad but so goes the internet .

weimedog

Just real interesting timing this time!

Al_Smith

You can get a lot of interesting situations on the internet .These are often taken to be inuindos of vindettas but most time it's the well thought out plans of a hacker who might not have a thing to do with the site in question .

Just yesterday for example this site I'm typing on had a little glitch for a short period of time which evidently has been repaired .

weimedog

Yea..with hacking there is just tons of people around the world who have nothing better to do for recreation than trying to leave their mark on the internet...hacking is one of the forms of that expression unfortunately! And as Al points out its a statistical game...only a matter of time. I don't know much about website security...but are there protections possible from random hackers?

Al_Smith

Just as an eye opener go to a very popular web site that orginates out of Colorado .If you are a member in good standing which of course I'm not look at the members list .Thousands of registered users but most with no posts what so ever .These could be potential hackers or  a way to misrepresent the amount of members .Lots of tricks to running forums or tricks in general on the net .It's all over my head though because I have a hard time once I get passed turning the darned machine on .

Some forums you can't even get on unless you are a registered member which I suppose might at least limit the possibility of being hacked .

Cut4fun

Yeah I agree on the timing thing.  Funny how [edited] started a rumor saying I hacked the site after I called him out about being a pos thief and a liar IMO stealing from me twice and got busted doing so.  Then he removes my post or re-words them. Then he twist and turns things around to make himself look like a perfect little angel.

The sad part is he let things go to his big head so bad he is using racesaws to run his little porting business in the back ground. No different then some do as sponsors at other site.  Except they pay a fee and he gets free reign to keep people hushed and controlled at his finger tips.

Before I left the site I talked with one of the site owners on the phone (as we always did in the past) and told them I wouldnt be coming back till they had a honest admin/mod running the place for them.

Why people believe anything  that pos says is beyond me. Talk to anyone in the know in the chainsaw world back to 2002 and they can tell you they still waiting to talk to him someday.  Just glad I dont have to watch my back every place I go and  I can walk in clear conscience.

Cut4fun

Quote from: weimedog on December 26, 2010, 10:23:22 AM
I don't know much about website security...but are there protections possible from random hackers?

I admin/mod on another chainsaw site and I dont see any type of security stuff or know about it. But maybe the site owner knows. I have no idea.

Thank You Sponsors!