iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanted: wood boring/auger bits

Started by Greg, June 09, 2003, 08:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Hey all,

Just bought an old hand crank, boring machine over the weekend. No name on it. Its got some slight damage, but is quite functional. Paid $80 for it at auction. I think I did pretty good... Was using it all weekend with a modified ship auger bit.

Will try and post some pics later!

Anyways, now I need some good sharp 1.5" and 2" bits for it. Takes a 1/2" chuck. Anyone have any large self starting bits for sale? Or know where to look?

I'm guessing a length of 12 to 15" would fit it nicely.

Cheers,
Greg

ohsoloco

Greg, nice price for one of those boring machines  :)   I know Lee Valley sells auger bits, but they only come in 9" and 18" lengths, and only go up to 1.5"    Besides...I don't know if they'd work in a hand operated machine, I use my 1.5" bit in a right angle drill.  

I would check ebay for auger bits, I see them up for auction there a lot of times.  

ohsoloco

Greg

QuoteGreg, check this out.  The seller has a couple bits up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3227857773&category=13872

I'm already on it...

Alot of nice TF tools show up there. Chisels, slicks, marking guages u name it. Gotta compete with the old ladies who buy this stuff and hang it on a wall!

Gotta show restraint and not buy everything ;-)
Greg

ohsoloco

I haven't been bidding on anything for a while, but always itch when the hand crank beam boring machines come up for auction  :)

By the way, my handle on ebay is also ohsoloco...don't want to be bidding against any of ya  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!