iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where does everyone buy their stuff?

Started by boonesyard, March 27, 2018, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boonesyard

Need a little help. I can research everything that I need on-line, but I figure why re-invent the wheel. I would imagine most here have a pretty good idea about the best product vs cost/value. Things I need to order:

- Anchor Seal
- Metal Detector (will be cutting a lot of yard and urban trees)
- Moisture Meter
- Blades (Wood-Mizer LT50 Diesel)

I know all of this has been covered at some point here on the forum, just thought I'd get the condensed version. Also, I've been searching for an air-drying shelter thread or two (I don't speak computer very well) and haven't really found anything that might point me in the right direction. 
Thanks for any help.
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

alan gage

Those are all the same questions I've had while fixing up a mill and getting it ready to go. It was easy to find all of them via search and I learned a whole lot more along the way. Would hate the ruin the fun for you. :P

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Dave Shepard

UC Coatings for Anchorseal. About $95/5 gallons shipped. I run Turbo 7s on my 51 hp LT40.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

terrifictimbersllc

Anchorseal, from the manufacturer, Entry Page - UC Coatings online store

Metal detector and moisture meter, figure out the brand/model you want then shop for it online.  Amazon or the many woodworking places for example.

Blades for Woodmizer I would only consider contacting Woodmizer. I buy my blades 4 boxes of 15 each, 60 at a time, and have always got free shipping and 15% off from Woodmizer. 

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

Ditto TerrificTimbersLLC. I buy my blades from WM and use their resharp. UC Coatings is johnny on the spot shipping me anchorseal.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I got my Wagner moisture meter from Wood-Mizer.  They are not on your list but Logrites can be bought from several outlets such as WM, Stihl, and even directly from Logrite.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

boonesyard

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

Magicman

I should have added that before you buy anything, take a cruise down the list of FF Sponsors listed in various places here on the FF.  Just going through and clicking on the banners will probably uncover stuff that you did not even know that you needed.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

boonesyard

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

SawyerTed

Don't scrimp on support tools.  In the short time I've been doing this I have a new "economy" moisture meter that will tell me the wood is wet.

On the plus side I have two Logrite can't hooks and a decent metal detector.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Peter Drouin

Everything I need to run the mill I get from WM, They keep working, I keep them working.
 The same with John Deere, Cat, and my GM truck. 
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

JB Griffin

For blades I have not found any better blades than Kasco, great prices and even better blades. Member Cutting Edge can hook you up, and even help with which blade will suit your needs. And also provides sharpening services for most any blades.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Brad_bb

I use a Garrett super scanner Handheld wand. I think  The current model is  V? I suggest going straight to the manufacture as I believe there are some fake counterfeits from Asia out there.I just bought a Wagner model 210 moisture meter, but haven't had any use on it to be able to rate it.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

starmac

Kasco is also a band supplier that a lot of folks use, I think member cutting edge is the guy to deal with on them, or at least one of the guys.
Disclaimer, I have not used any of theirs, but he does appear to know his stuff on them.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

boonesyard

- Ordered my anchor seal today
- will pick up my cant hooks when I pick the mill up in 2 weeks
- may pick up the Wagner moisture meter at the same time
- will figure out the metal detector as we go
- I've ordered two boxes of Turbo 7s with the saw to try

Can't wait to get started
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler

Kbeitz

If I can't find it at the junkyard then it's E-bay for me.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Congrats. As to the blades I think WM offered a sample pack a while back. You might want to try them. Blade type is generally tied to the type wood you will be cutting for best performance.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!