iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill Insurance?

Started by woodhick, September 27, 2006, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

What carriers are you all using for liability insurance and what rates are you geting?  I know this has been discussed before but looking for recent info.  I do know that when sawmill is mentioned agents think of large blades and large premiums.  Does any carriers out there cater to the portable band mill market?   Thanks.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

SawDust_Studios

Don't know about that alone, but ours is through Lumbermans Mutual out of PA.  3k a year for everything in the business, including the sawmill.

Just had an increase in the deductible for the mill.  5k deductible now on the mill.  needless to say, we've been looking around again  >:(

I'd be anxious to see how much and where other people are at as well.  Alot of places don't want to insure a mill especially if it's portable.  Fortunately our covers everything.

Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

Part_Timer

Ours is with USF insurance company. MI  They are the underwriter for Rural Insurance Agency IN

We have 2m in liability along with theft/fire/vandalism.  It is $900 year right now.  Keep in mind that this is a commercial policy.
Hope this helps
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!