iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c5d treefarmer axle question

Started by pinefeller, January 26, 2017, 08:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinefeller

If anyone can give me some insight here id appreciate it, thanks in advance.  Ive got an 87 c5d with 12/10 axles with no spins in both ends, and it seems like every once and a while one of the front tires will momentary hang up. So far its oly done it a few times empty. machine has 10k hours and appears to be super tight and dry Deutz ;D running 18.4x26 rubber rings all 4 corners.....
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

chet

Had that same problem in cold weather with that machine. Switched to lighter weight synthetic gear oil, problem solved. 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pinefeller

woo hoo!!! i hope your right. Im dreading pulling the plug on the planetaries. I only got about a hundred hours on the machine so far (on my property doing an overdue salvage operation after a previous high grade job) lots of volunteer firewood and blue stained pine for my mill.  ;D Just trying to work out the bugs before i officially hang out my shingle.  Dont want to be the logger doing an engine job on the landing or axle for that matter! especially because my focus will be in the urban logging sector.
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

Thank You Sponsors!