iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cookie cutter

Started by treechopper40, February 02, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treechopper40

im looking to build a cookie cutter I have a few old saws to play with first though this will be just for fun not for competition use im wondering what some of you have used for a pipe I want a expantion chamber exhaust please help
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Cut4fun

I dont know squat about making a pipe myself. Have owned 4 piped saws though.
You have your pipe made to your numbers in the saw. Generic bolt on isnt the way to go. JMO

HolmenTree

Depending how much money and effort you want to put into a cookie cutter is my 1st question.
I've seen one fellow years back who stuck a Yamaha YZ 80 dirt bike exhaust tune pipe on his Stihl 064AV and the saw cut pretty darn good for a low budget racer.

Back in the '80s there was a fab shop in Thief River Falls ,Minnesota that sold tune pipes for Husqvarna 2100's but have since went solely into the snowmobile market.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

AdkStihl

Where in Upstate NY are you located?

A lot of calculations are needed to build a saw pipe.
Displacement, port timing, type of fuel, desired operating RPM are just a few things needed to go into the big equation.

There is a master pipe builder on another saw forum. But I haven't seen him around lately. He built this pipe for another forum member. If I remember correctly, he had over 40hrs in the pipe.
The expansion chamber length on this 390 is adjustable. It slides kinda like a trombone.

J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!