iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

big husky saws

Started by ehp, October 22, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

any of you guys looking to buy the bigger huskies saws you better hurry up and buy them, I'm not going to say much else  but hurry up, lets just say this is not a smart move on Huskys part but Stihl is going to love it

celliott

How big are we talking?

Like 390,395, 3120? Or just 395, 3120?

What's happening, are they not going to carry/produce saws in those sizes anymore?
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Kodiakmac

Quote from: celliott on October 22, 2014, 08:06:02 PM
How big are we talking?

Like 390,395, 3120? Or just 395, 3120?

What's happening, are they not going to carry/produce saws in those sizes anymore?

Or.....getting them built in China???   ;D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

beenthere

That a rumor going around to get the shelves emptied quicker of old stock?  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ehp

word is 390, 395 and 3120 are gone , epa has cause husky to quit building them, no word of any kind on the 572 either , when asked they just say its a long ways off so I would take that answer as donot hold your breathe on this saw coming to a dealer near you any time soon , Now I can only hope but maybe we will get a new bigger saw to replace the 395/3120 as there are lots of guys that need these bigger saws

Spike60

Ah come on Ed; get your facts straight before you post crap like this. :-[  Why not just yell FIRE! in the movie theater?

Sorry to interupt your fun with the truth but.............

These saws are NOT going away. Husky is merely getting rid of some SKU's and some variants of these models are going away. Only the 390 and 395 "G" and "W" versions are getting the axe, so it's "while supplies last" on these models. "Supplies" are about a dozen each on the G's and 40 some each on the W's in the Troy warehouse. I actually got hold of a close out list and tried to buy them all in fact. But the $200 discount that got me all excited turned out to be a "mistake" so that deal went out the window. They will be sold off at regular prices.

The regular 390 and 395 will absolutely remain until they are replaced, and no, I'm not going into any detail there.  :)

A few others to get axed: 562XPGW, of which I only sold one. There were 60+ variations to order 562's and they trimmed it down a bit. I'm pretty sure all non-AT versions of the 576 are history as well as the 455AT. The typical rancher customer wouldn't pony up the extra cash for the AT version. Obviously we'll never see the 465AT either.

So, before this silly thread get's out of hand; that's the story.  8)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

celliott

Thanks Spike  :)

I gotta admit, even though I've never bought a new saw, I would be a bit miffed if husky quit producing some of there best saws.
But then that just doesn't make sense. Unless they were replaced with newer models.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

sawguy21

The Canadian web site lists the 576XP as the largest model available. Seems Stihl has the only saws over 80cc, their days may be numbered too over sales and emissions regulations.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ehp

well Spike , they are GONE period , and I have my facts straight and have facts from the USA part as well and they said they are gone as of yesterday , they have already took them off our website in Canada and will be off yours here shortly , the warehouse in Canada already is out of 395's and not many 390's left either . I noticed this a couple weeks ago but no one would tell me what is going on

ehp

I can see there being a ton of stihl 661's sold here shortly

HolmenTree

Quote from: ehp on October 23, 2014, 08:11:06 AM
I can see there being a ton of stihl 661's sold here shortly
I got a 661 on my radar too. My 395 still has alot  of hours  left in her but it's 394/395 design is almost a quarter of a century old...side tensioner and all.

The 066/660 design is  as old but at least Stihl updated it with the  661
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: ehp on October 23, 2014, 08:09:42 AM
well Spike , they are GONE period , and I have my facts straight and have facts from the USA part as well and they said they are gone as of yesterday , they have already took them off our website in Canada and will be off yours here shortly , the warehouse in Canada already is out of 395's and not many 390's left either . I noticed this a couple weeks ago but no one would tell me what is going on

They were still there (Canadian website) 2 minutes ago...... ???
Information collector.

Spike60

Well, Ed they are still here, PERIOD.

At least 50 of each in Troy ready to ship. (if by some chance you are right, they'll be in my warehouse shortly. LOL) Don't know where you are getting your info, but you are seriously off target. What you are encountering up in Canada might simply be an out-of-stock situation. This can happen at any time with any model.

As I said, this is just a SKU reduction of model variations that have low sales numbers.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

beenthere

Where is Spike60 located?
Pls fill in your location in your bio found under your profile.

Would help to better understand your side of the thread. tks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Spike60

Quote from: beenthere on October 23, 2014, 10:13:33 AM
Where is Spike60 located?
Pls fill in your location in your bio found under your profile.

Would help to better understand your side of the thread. tks

I'm in upstate NY.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

I made a post but someone took it down I guess, Spike they are gone , I got 2 husky dealers beside me that are very upset at this move and both have even phoned Echo to come on board with them, there are no 395's in the warehouse and very few 390's , our husky website has the 390, 395, 3120 gone from it and that happened a while ago , I was just at the one husky dealer this morning when they phoned Husky to see what is going on, husky would not tell them anything other than in Canada these saws are history and would not say if husky was being in a new saws to fill the hole left by these saws , epa is the reason as these are old designs and are dirty saws compared to the new designs but husky has not said anything about building a new design like what Stihl is doing , the 661 seems like a nice saw Pete has just over 100 tanks threw it at this point but I prefer to run husky as they are nicer on my hands as I get white finger fast . I honestly hope I'm wrong but I know I'm not , Just look at how long its been sense we were to see this new 572 and now the techs are saying not going to happen for a very long time if ever

ehp

Spike , I'm not trying to cause any trouble just trying to tell people what I was told and who told , we knew the 395 was history a while ago so most dealers stocked up on them as they sell more here than the 372's or 390's , Will they do the same thing they did with the 372 when it was to be gone and everyone rushed to buy every 372 there was then they built a ton more of them and did this 3 or 4 times I cannot say and I would honestly think this is the plan but no one is telling any of the dealers that this is the case

Spike60

Ed, I can't comment on what may be going on up there; it may be a completely different story. And I suspect that is the core of our disagreement here. (nothing personal at all between us in my mind). Not sure what your sources are, or what "our" website means. If it's the consumer website, they are always a joke. I think the 346 is still on our consumer site down here.  :D  Have either of those dealers made a call to someone in the know, or are they drawing their own conclusions on this?

Anyway I just got off the phone with a "higher up" and everything that I've posted above is completely correct, at least for the US. It's all a matter of under performing SKU's getting cut from the team. I do know that the few 390 or 395 G's I sell always have an older build date than the regular saws and that gives an indication of how they tend to sit around. The G's and W's combined are a small fraction of the sales mix of any of these models. The only one that really means anything to me is the 562XPG, (not the XPGW), because I sell 6-10 of them a year. The wraps don't sell very well either. They only sell here in the enthusiast community because they look cool, but in the everyday world, they are not popular at all.

The "572" is definitely going to arrive in the future. Be a while yet, but it's not a case of it being late or having issues. When they have fully completed the development program, it will arrive. This talk of it being delayed is only because word leaked out and guys started a clock on something that nobody was supposed to know about in the first place.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

beenthere

QuoteI'm in upstate NY.

Ok, then I would not put that out in my bio either..  ;D
south central Wisconsin

Spike60

Quote from: beenthere on October 23, 2014, 12:48:01 PM
QuoteI'm in upstate NY.

Ok, then I would not put that out in my bio either..  ;D

Cheeseheads.  ::)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

hamish

As a Canadian Husqvarna dealer, as of today I can still order 390,395 and 3120's.  So Ed, Bob is correct.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on October 23, 2014, 08:54:55 AM

There were still there (Canadian website) 2 minutes ago...... ???
Yep still here 390,395,3120XP.
www.husqvarna.com/ca/en/forest/products/xp-saws/husqvarna-chainsaws-xp-saws
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Spike60

Quote from: ehp on October 23, 2014, 11:37:02 AM
I made a post but someone took it down I guess, Spike they are gone , I got 2 husky dealers beside me that are very upset at this move and both have even phoned Echo to come on board with them

And, absolutely no disrespect intended towards Echo products, but just what model Echo do these guys intend to pitch to 395XP users?

Are these 2 dealers the source of all this information.......... ???
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Maine logger88

I will be excited too try a 572 when they come out I love the 562 buy a bigger version would be sweet! I saw a prototype 572 last winter looked like a nice saw!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ehp

well you better try ordering that 395 as we cannot buy any more at our dealer nor can the other dealer just done the road and I just got off the phone with our main dealer here cause I asked him to order me a bunch of 3120's and was told they would not sell me all the 3120's I asked for nor would they give me a skid price on them . I think you guys will find out I'm not blowing smoke up your @## as sense I have built pretty much all chainsaw companies saws so they can use them at logging shows or whatever I just might know a few guys that most people donot . Now what the husky guy did tell us was the 395 is gone and will not becoming back, He felt that they would find enough 390 and 3120 else where to do for a while and they might if enough interest build another round of those saws  just like they did with the 372 xp when it was to be gone . You guys believe whatever you want but when you guys finally hear about it remember I total you so  :new_year:

Thank You Sponsors!