iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade tension

Started by Bruno of NH, November 09, 2019, 09:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

This morning it's 14°
I put on a new band and tightened it up and I get no reading on my pressure gauge ?
Any thoughts ?
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

78NHTFY

It's 12° F here.  My only thoughts: frozen & too cold to saw!!.   :D :D.  You're a better man than me, Bruno...All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Bruno of NH

I figured it out
I had to ad ATF to the jacking system.
That surprised me seeing the mill only has 5 months of use
Is this normal?
Any way it's working and an easy fix that's what I like about Woodmizer .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

jeepcj779

When I was stationed at Ft. Drum, we would have to bring all the aircraft in the hangar for the winter and only put them outside immediately before a flight. Otherwise, the cold would cause many of the seals to fail, mostly hydraulics, and a large amount of the hydraulic fluid would leak out of the system. I assume that is what happened to you. The mill got cold and the seals on the jack let some fluid leak out.

PAmizerman

Yes I add fluid several times a year
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Bruno of NH

It wasn't much
My Peper'e was a machinists among other trades and I have lots of tools that he left to me.
One is an old time squirt oil can it's great around the mill it is filled with ATF and only took 2 or 3 squirts.
I had to use the plug closest to the pistion to get it to work right again.
I have to get my cold weather face on,the one I don't like much anymore  :D.
It always feels like things happen when it gets cold so I have to work on things outside.
Had to work on the brakes on Henry the f350 this week.
Delivered some firewood parked the truck milled the rest of the day.Got in it the next morning no brakes , master cylinder empty.
Electric switch connected to the master was rotted right off.Good thing it didn't fail with a load of wood on.
Next day turn the heat on varmints in the heater box fan blocked up.
The winter Olympics have started.

Magicman

I use a "pull spout" bottle.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bandmill Bandit

I use a pull spout bottle same as MM. Not sure you can get them any more.

I add oil about twice a year. Seems to weep out some where but I have never chased it to see where. Its pretty simple and quick to get done.  

I have thought of purging the system and switching to brake fluid but not sure that would help.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

PAmizerman

Just an ol squeeze bottle. Not even sure where I got it. 
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Magicman

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on November 09, 2019, 06:11:16 PMNot sure you can get them any more.
Mine is reused after whatever came in it was used up. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

RAYAR

Quote from: Magicman on November 09, 2019, 07:29:25 PM
Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on November 09, 2019, 06:11:16 PMNot sure you can get them any more.
Mine is reused after whatever came in it was used up.
I have one, it's sewing machine oil, I think I got it at Wally World some years ago. Yup, I service and repair sewing machines and sergers too, mainly as a hobby.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

donbj

"Yup, I service and repair sewing machines and sergers too, mainly as a hobby."

Awesome! My wife ran the needles hard into the foot(not installed properly) the other day and it was  toast as far as working went. Spun a mechanism on a shaft about 1/8th out. Messed it up. Took me quite a while to figure out how things meshed and worked but I got it working, she says better than ever! I still don't know how they work but just made sure everything meshed properly and got lucky! Too many threads for me to keep track, LOL.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

jeepcj779

You can get those bottles on Amazon. I saw $35 for a pack of 12. I am sure they can be purchased in smaller quantities, and I'm sure they sell them in other places as well.

curved-wood

I have to refill twice a year. I dind't touch it for the first few year of the mill. More often after I change the ''O'' ring inside (an easy job ). Too lousy to put a new ''O'' ring. I try to not forget to release the blade tension at the end of the day so I dont have to refill as often.    I use a standard pump oiler with a flexible nosel and a small tube at the end and it works

Thank You Sponsors!