iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

5cyl Deutz in a 1969 225C anyone?

Started by repmma, May 11, 2019, 06:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repmma

Looking at a 5cyl deutz for shoe horning into a 225c.  Was wondering if anyone has seen one in a late year like mine.  Thanks!
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

tj240

A man worked for had a 225 with a 5 cyl duetze but it wasn't that old. I believe it was a 85 or 86.. I have a 240A with a 6 cyl. duetze.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

repmma

Thats what i was afraid of haha.  I havent been around the newer ones to tell the difference.  It looks like its going to be awful snug.  Good deal on the engine wither way!
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

jdatwood

repmma

Oh its an ongoing process, been too busy getting our use out of our renovated camp.  Gonna be tv stars!  Couldnt use see it all summer so we are enjoying the fall season. 

Looks like its gonna work.  With modification obviously.  When i get back onto the project ill give an update.  Also held up trying to source the right spring for the reverser detent so i can slide everything in one peice. 

jdatwood

Awesome, and I totally get being sidetracked. My tree farmer has the same motor so if you need any info on what transmission they used with it etc hit me up. There was a couple they used with that engine but if you've got a reverser it sounds like you've already chosen and have one for it.

repmma

I found I can make a direct swap with the reverser and t98 that was behind the 353.  So that makes it easy(er).

jdatwood

That's really helpful. I'd think with the room loosing the radiator creates it'd fit in pretty easy with new motor mounts but.. That Deutz really is simplistic and doesn't really require any ancillary systems. Pretty much if it isn't bolted to the engine already it doesn't need it to run. The torque that little fuel miser makes is IGNORANT too. It's really snappy down low.

Thank You Sponsors!