iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily carnage thread

Started by mike_belben, July 23, 2018, 11:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakota

Glad everyone is ok.  Sad thing is that your neighbor probably won't be able to replace his tractor with what the insurance is going to give him for the old one.
Dave Rinker

caveman

Not nearly as bad as the previous posts, but quite a fitting way to end this week on the way home from work.  I had taken my tractor to school to get the students to help me with a few repairs to last week's carnage.  On the way home on a crowded 8-lane road, a nice woman pointed to the rear of my trailer.  I could read her lips.  By the time I could get pulled off of the highway, my tire was shredded.  I contemplated chaining the axle up since I did not have a spare with me.  My son in law was heading to work in town so he brought me his cattle trailer's spare.

At least I had an adequate jack.  
Caveman

doc henderson

since it was not his fault, I bet the drivers insurance is on the hook.  may take an attorney or even the tractor owners' insurance, but they should have to fix or replace everything.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

teakwood

Well, that's not good. 30to excavator vs chainsaw, thats a first for me, at least it was the oldest saw with a worn out bar and the saw has paid for itself several times but still was a perfectly fine saw.
IMG_20240306_131342.jpgIMG_20240306_131352.jpg
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ron Scott

~Ron

mudfarmer

Never like to see this thread pop up. That saw sure got munched up 

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Don P

I wish you were closer, looks like the carb made it  ffcheesy.

I got home the other day in the wifes car with a tire like caveman's above. I heard and felt it go and pulled into a great changing spot, and no jack. Used car and I guess I never looked. I was about 5 miles from home, the tire was toast but the rim doesn't look like it ever touched. Nice thing about light cars. Boy was I glad I was driving it, I rarely do.

Resonator

Ouch! Hope it wasn't the saw from the timbersports championship.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

caveman

At least it was not the 500i that Barge sent you.  I smashed my favorite saw when I was quarantined for Covid a few years ago and set the saw down to get the phone.  A log decided to succumb to gravity and smash it.  It was one I bought off of CL for $100, but we paid over $2000 buying two saws to replace it.  
Caveman

teakwood

Yes, the carb made it  ffcheesy, that was the only thing together with some screws and the felling dogs. The rest is garbage.
If it would have been the 500i I would really hate myself for a long time. That why i use the 500 strictly for felling and bucking at the sawmill, less chance that something like this happens.

Called my stihl dealer friend, offered me the same 361 or a new and better version than the old 038, 380, 381, the new 382, lighter than the old one. almost the same weight as the 361 but more power, 72cc saw. 

https://fireandsaw.com/stihl-ms382-chainsaw/

BargeMonkey

When dealing with the mentally challenged... It won't start. You think so ?
IMG_2328.jpg

ehp

Barge, that just does not look correct  but maybe with these new engines the valves run themselves

thecfarm

That will take some parts and time to fix.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

B.C.C. Lapp

HHmmm grim.  That's looks pretty bad.   If I were you barge I wouldn't even try the duct tape. I'd move right up to gorilla tape for that mess. O0
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

GRANITEstateMP

nothing wrong in that pic, that's the new eco mode.  Drop a cylinder when it's not needed....
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Don P

I thought it was the fuel pump and chased that for awhile but I'm pretty sure that MAP sensor is the reason for the "I don't wanna pull the trailer up the hill" trouble.

As I was picking up I got a smile. This year will be 50 years since I last saw him. Grandad would hit his tools on the grinder 3 times to brand them.

Andries

Three times on each end - both sides?
😁 
Fifty years ago, wow; what wrench brands did Grandad spend his money on?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Don P

That one is a little unusual, he hit it twice. I guess the light marks weren't up to snuff. Most were Craftsman but there was plenty of yard sale too, as was Dad's carpenter's toolbox. There is one sprung wrench here somewhere that I think is from a Model T or early Ford toolkit.

teakwood

Excavator has a leaking piston since some weeks, nothing bad, just put a old t-shirt around the cylinder, have the seal kit here but no time to do the work. yesterday, monday morning we start sawing and the dust collector went up in smoke, dang....., take it down, smoke comes out from the inside so not the capacitor, ok set aside, will bring it to a electrical shop. start sawing without extraction, we did it for years before, what a mess. at mid day went to the woods to get more logs, skidder starts leaking a steering piston, ......, wife tells me that the car shakes it's butt when going into a curve, probably a worn bushing, ......  one of these days!!!!  i told my work, i would love to have some slow days so i can do a little TLC. he shakes his head and says, some day boss, some day   

Crusarius

I found after all my years of working on cars it is easier to just sign the check. Work gets done much faster to.

oldgraysawyer

Well currently my dozer is down due to starter going out over the winter. I sold my 690D and my mill is waiting on a new setworks install. When I went to pick up my new MX5100 kubota a couple years ago my neighbor tore up my trailer so I borrowed one from a friend and after about a mile on the big road I couldn't hardly keep the truck in my lane. I glance in the mirrors and could see the trailer going all over the place. My brand new tractor holding on for dear life and traffic behind me had come to a complete stop in the middle of a smoke filled haze on the interstate waiting for the carnage. 
I managed to get off to the shoulder without wrecking. Mostly due to my years of expert professional driving skills. Shameless pat on the back. Thank you Jesus (credit where it really belongs) anyway one of the three axels broke and turned completely sideways under the trailer. Sorry no pics. The rollback came and hauled my tractor home and we used his winch to finish removing the twisted metal from under the trailer. 

Wow that was a pucker factor of 10.
DB in WV

Thank You Sponsors!