iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm not as young

Started by Quartlow, May 24, 2005, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SW_IOWA_SAWYER

My Dad was a meat packer for 35 years and I remember him always coming home with some sort of cut   they used  a couple of butterflys to seal them up. He was one of the hardest working people I have ever known. I work in the computer field but I have always been a hard worker, owned several rental houses built my own house, my own barn, done tons of roofing, etc. I also work pretty hard moving all these logs around so I can saw them up with my Norwood  mill. I also lift weights to try and stay in shape and all I can say is I have grown used to all the aches and pains, the restless nights sleep the aches and pains of an middle age body. I guess I write it off as the cost of being active instead of sitting around on my backside. I do my best to suck it up and use some tylenol when needed.

But last night I was chasing one of my sons friends at the ball field who thought he could outrun me, wet grass and work boots don't make for sharp turns slipped and fell and broke my finger! NOW IF I WOULD ONLY GROW UP AND ACT MY AGE :D :D :D THAT IS THE HARD PART!!!!!!!!
I owe I owe so its off to work I go....

Roxie

:D  You're lucky the only thing you broke was your finger!   :D :D
I have a philosophy about being able to do things when ya get older.  I watched an older lady one day being assisted with carrying her grocery bags, and I thought to myself......at what point does a person become unable to lift a grocery bag?  Seems to me that the day you stop lifting your own grocery bags is the day you start losing the ability.  I shared that philosophy with Cowboy Bob and now every time I ask for his help to do something he tells me that he doesn't want to interfere with my muscle tone strength.   :)
Say when

OneWithWood

That Cowboy Bob is one smart and caring fella  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

mometal77

But at any age you still feel like you have one foot in the grave one on a banana peel right?
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Swede

QuoteThat' s what a man works hard for, is to be able to sit down
Thats wise words, Tom! 

Understood that when I was 19, in that age I had time for fishing every week. Since then I´ve gone into some business, build a house for living, become involved in one hundred fifty eleven things more or less important, build a work shop, more business, ................ ::)
Trying to screw down some now. Didn´t think I had to waite so many years for sitting down, exept sitting on a lawnmower or in the office ;D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Roxie

Get out there and pick some more blueberry's Swede!   :D :D
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!