iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eclassic 1400 blowing fuses.

Started by overclocking, October 13, 2015, 07:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overclocking

Well seems I have run into a bit of a problem.

My eclassic was working fine the last time I shut it down. I turned the controller off and walked away. The next few days are going to be cold so I wanted to fire it up and nothing.. no power. I checked and the fuse was popped so I got another fuse and as soon as I put it in its popping. Im not even sure where to start. The circ pumps still running fine so it must be the controller or the lights, I just dont see how the controller would go bad when it wasnt even on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One thing I can say is that the boiler never entered high fire, or at least not often, I only saw it on high once. Even on cold starts it was low. So I am thinking maybe a solenoid?

Any one else have this problem?

beenthere

Whatever voltage the fuse is that you are blowing, fix up a light bulb of that voltage with wires to plug into the fuse holder. Then you will have a lighted bulb that allows you to go around checking for the short.. be in in a wire or maybe a mouse problem.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

overclocking

OK, I tried to do a little testing. I unplugged the lights, solenoids and blower motor and put a new fuse in it and it pops instantly. So I am thinking its either the controller or the 24vac power supply. I had a little work light plugged into the back plug when I put the fuse in and as soon as I put it in the light dimmed and the fuse popped, so whatever it is, has a considerable draw.

overclocking

I was able to get it going again. The problem was the 24vac transformer. I unhooked that and the boiler worked. I happened to have one in the house that was a perfect match, so shes back in action again.

Thanks

bobby s

Glad you were able to fix your problem. My suggestion would have been a bad solenoid. I just replaced one on startup last week- never fails that one per year goes bad. >:( Good idea to keep a few spares on hand.

Thank You Sponsors!