iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler 2300

Started by New Guy, October 19, 2015, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Guy

Hello all - I was hoping for a little advice on a problem I am having with my 2300 boiler. At the end of last winter season, I powered off the boiler. I just tried powering it back up but it keeps blowing fuses. I disconnected all the solenoids, still blowing fuses. I eventually got into the panel behind the temperature controller and found a fried 5-lug wire connector (photo attached), located directly behind the controller. I took off the melted connector, remade the connection and tried again....another blown fuse and this time I was able to see a little black smoke coming from behind the controller. So my question is, how do I decide if the controller is the problem, or if I have another issue that is causing problems to the controller? I am trying to avoid buying a new controller and then frying the new one too. Any help would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeff

You must not use the attachment manager for posting photos. That is for documents ONLY. You must use the gallery for photos. Instructions can be found on the forum index page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

New Guy

My apologies for the photo mishap.

To close this out, in case anyone is curious. I am electrically challenged, never really been able to understand how electric components work and how to properly use a multimeter. But, thankfully, fuses are only about 35 cents each, so I figured I could do it cheaply by trial and error. So, I disconnected everything I could think of, light, controller, sensors, solenoids, etc....Then I put a new fuse in, and turned it on. I then plugged everything back in one at a time, leaving the controller for last, until the fuse blew again. Turned out to be the digital temperature controller.

r.man

Glad you were able to find the problem. Good use of cheap fuses.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!