iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Easter Activities

Started by Magicman, April 24, 2011, 10:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We attended our Easter services this morning and enjoyed good food and quality time with the family this afternoon.  We had our traditional hunt, but not an egg hunt.  Some may remember that after our Grandchildren got older, we have a Four Leaf Clover hunt.

Two Granddaughters looking for clovers.

Eight Four Leaf Clovers were found by these lucky family members.  Pop was out $40 for this fun game.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Looks like a beautiful day out!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Coon

Looks like fun was had by all.  ;D  Now looks like pops is gonna have to get that mizer makin' some sawdust to recoup the money.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Magicman

I'll be sawing before breakfast tomorrow morning.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

timerover51

Magicman, that four-leaf clover hunt is one neat idea.  Do you mind if I mention it to my church's youth pastor?  The main problem this year is that we do not have any clover, three or four leaf up yet.  It has been a cold spring here.

Magicman

Our white clover, which is the only kind that makes 4 leafs in our area, is always just right for Easter.  It makes a very fun filled afternoon.   ;)

pineywoods

We attended our traditional easter service, then gathered all the siblings at baby sister's house for a pig out easter dinner. Got a lady to sneak one of them little tiny audio recorders into the easter musical, she recorded the whole thing. I had to sing in the choir so I couldn't do it. Got it loaded on to my computer and spent the last 4 hours trying to edit out all the coughs, whispers, kids crying, and amens so I can put it on a cd. All in all a good day but I got 2 big standing dead sycamores lined up for tomorrow.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

My wife and I attend a small, basically rural church, and every Easter the men cook breakfast for everyone.  I haven't been around on Easter for a few years so it was a lot of fun to get in on it again, until my wife, MIL, and stepchildren informed me afterwords they could here us laughing in the church basement during the service, but then again at least we didn't fog everyone out of the church with smoke.  I guess some of us "kids" won't ever grow up.  Went and checked cows early, cooked a big breakfast, went back and finished chores for the day then just enjoyed it, our weather was perfect but not quite as green around here as it is at Magic Mans.  :)  Hope everyone else had a great Easter.

thecfarm

No Grandkids this easter.   :( DIL and stepson has 2 each,but they all went to the other parent for Easter. First time in 10 years with no Easter egg hunt at The C Farm.  :(  Just the way every other week worked out this year. May have it this weekend. The parents came up to set some turkey blinds up and have a nice ham dinner. The wife and I went to a nice Easter service.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Patty and I got up early to see the sun shine for the first time in a week. I put bb ribs on the egg and we headed out for a nice long walk on the farm. Got back and Patty made up her awesome potato salad while I put sauce on the ribs. We packed this all up and headed down to the big city to have dinner with her mom. Ended up eating too much with a couple of glasses of wine. Got home in time for a leisurely stroll around the pond checking out some work we've done there.

paul case

anita and i and our 2 boys,scott 16 and dakota 10, attended our church's easter services(its not optional since i am the pastor). our small town church usually runs about 35 people and we had 78! it was almost full. after church all the egg hunters went back into a sunday school room and everyone remained in their seats while the youth hid eggs in our sanctuary. then we turned them loose and they did find all of them but i am not sure who had more fun , the adults or the kids. all of this because it rained all day and all night too. we finished it off with a dinner at the church. everyone enjoyed themselves and lots of family and friends spent Easter together. it was very good.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

rbhunter

I woke up at about 4:45 and had the smoker started by 5:00. I put 6 chickens in the smoker and right before early church put the cheese in the smoker. After the service I ran back to my parents house and changed the bottle of propane and added more wood chips and back to the church for breakfast. For dinner we had smoked chicken and chicken nachos along with other things. The chicken nachos went over real well. Started back home about 3:30 and got home about 8:00 and unloaded. Had a great time with the family.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

ARKANSAWYER

We dodged the storms and went to church and thought that we should have taken the boat.
  But the thing that upset me the most is
                           No Easter Bonnets
  Not a one in the whole church.  I have three daughters and it was a big thing every year to pick out new bonnets for Easter Sunday.  They were so cute and pretty.  They really liked dressing up and the hats were so special to them.  But not a one in sight Sunday.  What has gone wrong with the world?  It is just one of the things that is changing that I do not like.  I miss the good ole days when men were men and women were proud to be a woman.
ARKANSAWYER

Magicman

You are correct about the bonnets.  Nope, none here either, sigh.  Times have changed.

I doubt that stores even have them anymore, and fewer ladies sew.  They don't teach Home Economics in school anymore.  What is the world coming to?

thecfarm

White gloves and white tights too. Lucky the girls even have a dress on the ways things are going now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rbhunter

About 15 years ago  I worked in finance at Payless Shoe Source. The day before Easter was always the biggest sales day for the year. At the time I lefts finance to work in another department the Saturday before Easter sales had been going down for several years. I worked with the sales reports and forecasts. A lot of management would check in Easter morning to see what sales were for Saturday.

The worst time was one year when there was a system problem and all of the stores pulled multiple times and it took a couple of weeks before the mess was cleared and the correct sales could be posted.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Thank You Sponsors!