iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter bar oil mix

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, January 21, 2003, 08:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

John,

I knew you didn't call Rick and Perry worms,  I was just trying  to insult them at your expense.  Dad worked in the design division at Peoria but retired about the time your cousin would have started there.  According to Dad the place had a lot of very intelligent engineers with a shortage of common sense.

A really nice thing about this forum is that it's full of very intelligent people that have common sense and experience.  Some have a lot of formal education and some got their experience by watching and listening and doing.  Sometimes the guys with the formal education are able to tell us why some things work the way they do.  

Rick and Perry are engineers at Cat.  I just couldn't help ribbing them.  They aren't really worms,  they're geeks with root :D  

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

Yea that Noble guy is always ribbing someone at their expense.   :D ;D
However, when Noble visited Peoria, Rick and I got to eat
at his expense.   It's too bad that fancy Vonachen's place
was all booked up and Noble got off cheap buying us
lasagna.  :D  At least we didn't have to eat peas.  ;D ;D

Tagerts, Who what was your cousin's name? I've been
around here 27 years and I probably knew him.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Rick Schmalzried

It is just that Noble is more picky than he is cheap ;)  I had the peas and even the spoons, but he wanted to go out instead  :D :D

--Rick
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

Bro. Noble

OH NO!!!  

Someone left the lid off the can. ;)

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

Folks,
Stay tuned for the next episode of
"As The Worm Turns"

brought to you by Tractor Pickle Cattle Company.

8) 8) 8)

whitepe

Noble,

Your eyesight must be going bad.  The lids are still on
those cans of peas.   ;) I think that Rick had bought 200 cans of peas.   :) :)  Maybe when you come to Peoria in Mid
February we can do a retake of the pea - picture with
appropriate apparel.  Don't know what Rick's gonna wear
 :D

Jeff,
You still have my snail mail address?  ;)
Bless your pea - picking heart for giving out FF Hats. ::)

jokers

Hi Guys, most of you don`t know much about me so you have no way to gauge the validity of my opinion, but I have been running saws for over 25 years and at times, full time professionally. My point being is that I feel like I have a fair amount of experience. For many years I have been using new hydraulic oil when the temps got too low for the summer weight bar oil and I thought I was doing the best I could do. I recently started using Husky winter grade(which I`m sure is no different than Stihl) and have found that everything is better lubed than when I ran hydraulic oil. Somewhere along the way I must have overlooked what I already knew about winter bar oil and accepted the poorer lubrication afforded by the hydro oil, or maybe the current winter grade is better oil than oil of old. At any rate, the difference seems significant. Winter weight bar oil goes for around $3.50 to $4.00/gal in this area, so I can`t see any reason not to use it. My experience justifies the points that Mark M. made about using the bar oil instead of hydraulic oil. Russ

Thank You Sponsors!