iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

h/i beam

Started by coxy, February 11, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

what size h/i beam would be needed to make a 3ft splitter

Kwill

I just went out and measured mine. it looks to be 6x6 and 1/4 inch if that makes sense

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Gearbox

On the processer I have a 8 X 8 3/8 on a 4 inch cyl. running 3000 psi. . We are building one for 16 inch and over oversized . It is a 8 X 8 X 1/2 and I will add another 1/2 to the top . 5.5 inch cyl  running 3000 PSI . Double 20 inch upright wedges with a 20 inch cross wedge and a top on the 20s . 7 way wedge it should push about 35 ton .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Al_Smith

Being some what of a junk collector when I built my splitter what I had on hand was a 6 foot section of W10-72 piling beam .Over kill to say the least .2" butt plate and 5" Parker -Hannifin super duty cylinder .It will go through anything .However it weighs so much I had to use a cable system to set it upright and a boat winch to set it back horizontal .
It's a 3000 PSI system but I think I've got the high pressure set at around 2400 with the transfer to high pressure right at 1000 .It seldom goes into high pressure low volume .20 years to round up all the junk and 4 days to weld it together .

Thank You Sponsors!