iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Festoon ideas for an electric WM

Started by Dave Shepard, April 03, 2007, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

festoon: n 1.A chain of flowers, ribbons, etc. hung in a curve between two points 2. A high voltage three-phase wire hung from the ceiling to run a sawmill.

I don't know Bibbyman, the definition made sense to me. ;) :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mike_van

I made up a boom, mounted  to the wall in the barn. It's 2 steel channels [like garage door track, with a 2" plastic pipe on the bottom for the wire. On the barn end, the shaft is in ball bearings [old lawnmower deck ones] so it goes back & forth really easily.       The bed on my mill is 16' 6", you could go farther with a longer boom.  16+ years, nothings broke on it yet.   A little while ago I was looking for some of the coiled wire [like phone cord] [back when they had cords]  I couldn't believe what it cost - about 50.00 for 4 conductor #14. That was at Mcmaster Carr.  Needless to say, I'm still looking.  If anyone has a good source for it, I'd like to hear it -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

StorminN

mike_van,

Are you talking about the handset wire? How long of a length do you need?

-N.

Happiness... is a sharp saw.

mike_van

If the 4 # 14's streached out to 12 ', that'd be good.  I also need a 6 conductor one, that could be # 18, same length -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Thank You Sponsors!