iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got the mizer out

Started by isawlogs, April 12, 2003, 09:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Well it's that time of year snow is slowlly leaving sap is starting and I've sawed my first logs. Hemlock for a futur project , a pole barn to store round bails of hay...And sawed a short cherry log for a good friend of mine who just happened to drop by with it wile I was sawing, he also had a white oak log stached away there, that log had a triple crotch and came out looking great. Little windy over ther got saw dust in the eyes ...again...wife says it's ok just the start of another season . Well I guess it's time to take the plow harness off and start
Making sawdust and carrying it home ....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ohsoloco

My eyes always burn after a long day of sawing...that stuff always finds a way to get behind the safety glasses...maybe that's how it gets in your blood  ;D

J Beyer

How about a good set of goggles, like what some people wear when weed whacking?  Most fit flush to the face and would help with the dust in the eyes.

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

ohsoloco

The glasses I have are nice, but the dust always gets around them.  Goggles always fog up on me.  I've thought about getting one of those helmets with the face screen to keep more of the sawdust out.  

biziedizie

The face screens work great and can be used for sword fighting as well!
  They don't work so good if the wind is blowing though.

Steve

Paul_H

I worked with a Landing Bucker that started to wear a screen,without first breaking his spitting habit :-X

It weren't a pretty sight :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

Yeppers you can't be spitting with one of them on, can't be smoking neither.....not that you should be smoking near the mill anyways.

Steve

isawlogs

being nearsighted wearing glasses is required...ive tried the gogles... through them out ..they fog up...tried the face screen on my helmet... that works better with a chainsaw ..chips are bigger...when theres a wind blowing like it was saturday theres not much you can do but get sawdust in all your openings It's not that bad... you can taste,smell what you sawed all day... allnight
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

biziedizie

isawlogs I was just checking out safety products as I'm soooooo paranoid about getting hurt and I was wondering if you've seen that nylon face sceen? They say that you can see better through it then with the metal one.

Steve

isawlogs

No I can't say have ...Where would one go for one???? ???

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!