iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I just came in from watching a beautiful star filled U.P. sky. The space shuttle followed by the International Space Station passed directly over head. It was awe inspiring
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

The local weatherman usually gives us the heads up on clear nights when to view (time) the space station. I've never done it because most times I'm asleep long before then. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

On my way to saw, I see the channel 9 and 10 news tower emerging from the fog. I wish I would have got the photo as soon as I saw it, it was quite a site.

Jeff

OK, call me crazy, but this towering cloud looked exactly like a black bear looking away up until I got stopped and got the camera out. one of his ears fell apart before I could get the picture. Can you see him?

Paul_H

Is he behind the Rabbit?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mooseherder

Yup, I see his nose and one ear.

beenthere

The Boss has been in da UP a bit too long......
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

After further review I see da udder ear and front right foot. ;D

LeeB

Early morning shot over the water at the hotel we are staying in while my rig is in the shipyard in Croatia. Not truly a sky scene but there is some sky visible above the mainland in the background.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Reddog

Just a neat one from a front moving thought while we where in the UP.

Hilltop366

Took this one a few weeks ago it is the moon rising (east)as the sun was setting (west), I was standing about 50' from the taller tree at dusk tonight and a owl landed in it and watched me for 4or 5 min then flew over quite low and across the field to another tree.

Roxie

Brrrrrr.  You can "feel" the cool air in that picture!  Gorgeous!  :)
Say when

Hilltop366

You got me wondering so I looked it up..... and thank you.

It was 53° at 8:18 Sept 1st

clif

A small thunder cloud scurrying across the bright Kenai sky!

From Soldotna looking towards the Kenai Mountains and Harding Ice Fields!

I believe this was a sun rise last winter!

Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

iffy

Sometimes ya just gotta stop and enjoy. My sun snapped this picture on the way to work the other morning. He thought the ripe milo backgrounded by a red sky was kinda neat.

Onthesauk

Incredible color!  Looks like the end of the world coming over the horizon!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Warbird

That is beautiful.  Thanks for sharing it!

Don K

Early this morning a storm front was coming through and it had the neatest bands in it. Just thought I would share.

There is some cooler weather behind this front. I hope so, it has been mild so far with only two noticeable frosts.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Hilltop366

Same here with the frost my grass is still mostly green.

It's 55 here today going to be 32 tonight.

Nice pics, really sharp lines in the clouds.

Cheers

Norm

We had a storm move through yesterday and these were on the backside of it.

Hard to  get the total effect of them but they were gorgeous.

Gary_C

We have been having some hot and wet weather and just about every day this past week there were storms that dumped heavy rains, high winds, tornados, hail and flooding. On one day rainfall totals ran from 3 to 6 inches in various places. And then late Friday afternoon while I was getting ready to leave the job I was working on (in the mud) I was just north of a cell that passed just south of me and showed some spectacular views of the sky. There were tornado reports, high winds and hail in this storm.

This view looking to the north was taken around 6 PM while I was standing in the sun with a few sprinkles falling. There was another line of storms about 50 miles to the north in this picture passing thru the Twin Cities and moving into Wisconsin.

Then looking to the east.

Then to the southeast.

And then at about 7:45 PM as the storm cell finally was moving away.

So for about an hour and 45 minutes I was treated to just a few sprinkles while there were reports of a tornado on the ground near the Rochester airport (about 15 miles southwest of me) plus high winds, heavy rains and flooding right where I needed to go. There were even two rainbows thrown in for good measure while I worked in the sunshine and watched it all unfold. It was a spectacular show, but I've now seen enough of these DanG'ed storms for a while.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Roxie

That last photo is amazing! 
Say when

Norm

We sure appreciate you keeping some of that rain Gary but could you try a little harder. :D

Gary_C

Sorry Norm, we've run out of places to put the water and are now temporarily holding it in the streets. And I see where Ames is doing the same thing.

Do you suppose we should be gathering up logs to saw for the arks?  ::)

:D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Norm

I had a guy show up to buy my splitter that lived about an hour south of me, he said they had 12.75" of rain in 2 days.  :o

This is in addition to just about constant rains we've had this year. June was the wettest on record, July the 5th wettest. I'm guessing August will go down in the top 3.

Thank You Sponsors!