iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pole barn with pics

Started by Rob in NC, June 02, 2020, 02:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob in NC

figured if yall are anything like me you want to see pictures of anything being built - especially a shop or barn. Im almost finished with my 60x40 pole barn/shop. cut all wall purlins, headers, rafters and most of the roof purlins on the mill. Its nice being able to make your beams any size you need plus i think the building is stronger this way. 

If your wondering how long it takes one man to build a 40x60 pole barn by himself after pulling a 40-50hr work week and having a new baby at home july 1st will make a year. I did have help on about 10 saturdays with truss setting, concrete and roof panels. the rest was one bite at a time... 

This wont be my saw shed but will keep the mill dry until i get to that project down the list. 

Ive got some odds and ends remaining to finish up but its close. Ive got a 36" circle blade off an old frick im going to water jet my farm name in and hang under my gable point with a gooseneck light shining on it - should look pretty cool ill post a pic when done. 

Sorry about the sideways pics - the computer does whatever it wants im just along for the ride..

2012 Lt 35 manual

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Walnut Beast

Looks great. Nice pictures 👍

offrink

Good job! Lots of hard work!

Nebraska

Like your supervisor in the pink shirt. Looks like a keeper.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

slider

al glenn

barbender

Awesome! I'm humbled by your drive and tenacity, it takes a lot of doing for a project like that!
Too many irons in the fire

John S

Nice job and great photos!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

randy d

It looks like you have done a fine job I am very envious   Randy

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Durf700

looks great!  I will feel your pain vey soon...  I milled all my lumber for a 40x44 pole barn.  now its time to set poles.. I need to regroup and get it going! 

thecfarm

A very good job on 10 Saturdays!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

That is a bunch of work.   The sawing and build took a lot o!f work and time and the effort paid off in a great looking barn

farmfromkansas

That is a very nice shed, wish I still had the energy to accomplish what you have done. 
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

jbjbuild

Great Job! I like the style and look of it.
Jeff
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

kelLOGg

Very professionally done.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Trapper John

boonesyard

Just finished up cutting the poles and headers for our building we'll be starting next week. Wish I could blink and was as far along as these pics.

Great Job!
LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Rob in NC

yea it takes a while without a crew to help and while working another job but its one bite at a time.. 

appreciate the kind words. 

i really wanted to post and beam my shop but the time required to do the work just wasnt realistic in my situation. Im going to try and do that for my wood shop. Plus it would be a little smaller and more manageable then 60x40. 

i do often find myself hanging my head and sighing when i see a spectacular post and beam shop though vs the metal version.. there is no comparison for a wood lover like me. 
2012 Lt 35 manual

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

boardmaker

Looks good Rob.

I think most of us can relate to getting things done by yourself.

Thank You Sponsors!