iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New E2400's

Started by MudBud, August 04, 2012, 07:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudBud

After 4 years I finally lost the blower fan on the E2300, luckily it failed during the summer while heating the hot water.  Its a Fasco, however no one carries them and to the dealer I go for $140. I was hoping there was a cross reference to a Dayton so it can be bought for 1/2 the price at Grainger.

Anyway I had the opportunity to look at all the 2012 models.....WOW, its amazing they listened to us for the past 4 years with all the issues we have had.  The insides are amazing, no corners anymore and even removeable panels to get to the air holes, corner panels, rectangle bypass door with a seal, easier bypass door handle, led lights, even one that points into the firebox on the inside of the door.  Everything was changed for the better.  Even the newer ones are coming so you can watch the operation from your computer or smart phone and remote start if it drops in temp. Air tube blowing air directly down the firebox.
The only issue they still have is cracking around the air holes.  Maybe if I spring a water leak, not in the winter, I can get a replacement one.

upsnake

I wonder if it could be possible, and if so how much it would be to upgrade the "older" 1400 and 2400s to have the remote monitoring ability... Haha. It seems like it would just be a new control panel maybe?

doctorb

MudBud-

I will trade up if my 2300 goes south, but nmot until then.....fingers crossed.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Roger2561

I heard the new 1450's (It's the 1400's upgrade) have the removable panels in corners for ease of cleaning.  Does anyone know if CB has an upgrade kit that can be installed in the 1400's?  Roger
Roger

Local4Fitter

I'm going to pickup my new 2400 this weekend. Hope I have good luck with it, its my first wood boiler. It has a new controller with an available remote monitor. Monitoring with a smartphone would be great. We are gone all day, but wifey works one mile up our street. " Hello honey can you run down to the house and check the boiler?" CLICK.... hello?  :D
1974 John Deere 510, Wood fired pizza oven,2005 Dodge/Cummins,Firearms for all occasions.

upsnake

If I recall correctly isn't there a member on here that works for CB?

stumper

Did you find any cross reference on the fan.  Mine went last night.  Fortunately it was only in the 20's

Thank You Sponsors!