iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordering a wood mizer lt50 question

Started by Seavee, January 10, 2016, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

samandothers

Great folks in Albemarle to deal with!  Was there Friday picking up some re-sharped blade.

chickenchaser

Welcome, Seavee.

I would say you made the better choice on HP. Like insurance - better to have it and not need it.

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

ladylake

The 35 hp is a Yanmar, what is the 47HP.  I'd stay away from a cat engine, way too many problems with them on here and over on the skid loader forum.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

4x4American

It's a Yanmar too.  They don't offer the Perkapillar anymore, too heavy it was causing problems is one of the reasons I'm aware of.
Boy, back in my day..

Seavee

Well it's official I went with the LT50 with the 47hp Yanmar diesel and the debarker.  I think it will be a great machine. Thanks for the input.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Kipper

Really Cool!! Did you opt for the command station or remote controls? I have the command station and it can sometimes be a disadvantage but the remote controls look interesting.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

Seavee

Just stayed with the standard controls I think seeing the cut as you walk has some advantages.  Plus  Budget played a bit on options. Kip what do you think the disadvantage is to yours. I would like the input.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Kipper

You are on the right path. Seeing the cut and hearing as well as feeing the blade and machine running better. The down side can be jogging around the trailer wheel, sawdust shower and trudging threw sawdust pile of it gets too tall just to name a few.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

terrifictimbersllc

Standard controls = ability to add extensions. Maybe there's a remote option you can do this with too as long as it doesn't have the cat track.

But....the head goes down and back for every board you cut or trim.  Seems like the main difference will be whether you want a walking workout or not.   Mine is a front remote so I don't know what that would be like.

p.s. yes i also think you made the right engine choice.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Seavee and  smiley_thumbsup on your engine choice.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seavee

Thanks Magic  Man  there sure is a wealth of knowledge here. I'm sure I'll be tapping into it a alot.

Thank You Sponsors!