Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

thats not a pulp loader......its a sheet rock crane. but it dose have wheels enought

smwwoody

Yea I know but when you play with the hydraulics a little you can make them almost as fast as a log loader and still have a lot of power
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

whats it got for front an rears and power? double frame??

smwwoody

Double frame DT 530  with an 8LL hendrickson suspension not sure on the make on the rears spicer lift axle
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

18000 front 20000 each drive and 14640 on the lift axle
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Guessing at the length from center to center looking a VA's  chart that should let me gross a little over 62000.  Add a 5% over load sticker and I will be legal at 65100
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

whats that truck weigh? that loader has got to be heavy. whats a leagal weight  ?

snowstorm

Quote from: smwwoody on April 25, 2012, 08:11:22 AM
Guessing at the length from center to center looking a VA's  chart that should let me gross a little over 62000.  Add a 5% over load sticker and I will be legal at 65100
65100????thats all? up here its 75900

smwwoody

not sure on the empty weight i will run it across the scale tonight

legal weight =  them numbers that DOT spitts at you when they got you on the side of the road ( I think they are really just a guide line)

that is  the weight that if you stay under there is no possible way to make a living. 
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

arent you glad i called you and told you it was for sale ;D
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: smwwoody on April 25, 2012, 08:22:10 AM
( I think they are really just a guide line)

I can never hear this line and not think of "Pirates of the Caribean".....Stick to the code!  :D

smwwoody

Well I finally got her on the scale yesterday.  She is a little plump at 30140.  That still lets me get a little over 17 ton on it.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Leigh Family Farm

SMWoody,
What did you pay for that truck? I don't think I would want something that large but you never know.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Woodhauler

Quote from: smwwoody on May 03, 2012, 08:15:33 AM
Well I finally got her on the scale yesterday.  She is a little plump at 30140.  That still lets me get a little over 17 ton on it.

Woody
So what are you allowed to weigh? 64000?  Up in maine we can go 75900# And get no tickets if you stay under 78000.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

a old timberjack

mine is 76,650 in rhode island with the overweight permit. those loaders ( telestick ) are kind of funky to use for a log loader good luck on that. and by the way..... congrads on the new ride..
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Ken 45lc

Congrats on the new truck, she looks good.

Can you put a jake brake on a DT 530?  Thats one reason I don't like the DT 466, exhaust brake only. Used to have an 85 with single rear and a drop axle with a prentice 110, licensed at 54,000 gvw. Sure was slow on hills with that 466, and always wished it had that jake switch when going down the hills.

smwwoody

No jake on a 530 eather.  just exhaust.  I would like to have one.  the truck is doing real well.   What the telstik lacks in speed it does make up for in power.  Mine is a little faster than most regular telesticks.  One of the Prentice enginiers who now works for barco and was on the original design team fro the 33 did some work to it to help speed it up.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Autocar

It looks to me you have a nice dependable truck, that should last you many years.
Bill

smwwoody

So Far so good. need to rebuild the fan this weekend

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

snowstorm

if its a horton fan. nothing to it easy job.

smwwoody

It is a Horton.

Here is one of todays loads

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

MJD

Nice load of what, oak logs? Look real Nice.

lumberjack48

Nice looking rig, i preferred the loader on the back of the truck, more loading ability, and rode better when empty.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

smwwoody

Mostly red oak with a few small poplar in the middle
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

loaders on the back are nice if you are pulling a pup trailer but they limit you on length too much on the truck
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Autocar

Those are some dandy red oak logs on that load  8)
Bill

smwwoody

Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

Tree Killer

When posible i wood always try 2 put all my red oak in the middle. The scale cops knew their species around here.lol nice lookin load tho. All loads r legal, unless they get weighed.  eh eh

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Leigh Family Farm

There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

thecfarm

Not many rear mount ones in this area. When I do see one,it catches my eye. Just looks different. Very few pup trailers too. Use to see them about 30 years ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Decked

Quote from: smwwoody on August 14, 2012, 07:17:18 PM
loaders on the back are nice if you are pulling a pup trailer but they limit you on length too much on the truck

And some of us ol' hardheads would cut the wood 18" too long just to pi$$ the truck driver off :D...after they didn't show up for 2 days smiley_devil

chevytaHOE5674

Don't know of a single front mount loader truck around here. Everything is a rear mount with a pup trailer. Then again they are all "Michigan doubles" with 11 axles grossing 164k lbs.

Have two guys that haul for me with "small trucks" and they are still 4 axle trucks with 2 axle pups legal at like 104k lbs. They are my go-to guys if I need to move wood into Wisconsin.

thechknhwk

Dumb question... what are the little wheels on the back for?  BTW, very nice rig.

beenthere

I believe they drop those smaller wheels down when loaded to add another axle bearing the weight. Required on some roads with weight limits.
Or they are for doing wheelys :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!