iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sure flame model 6000 forced air -- Need help

Started by striker000x, December 13, 2018, 09:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

striker000x

So first off there are some dents on the back wall in the woodburner i was wondering if this is from throwing wood in there or if its something more serious. And also it goes through wood really fast it went through a cord in about 3 weeks and i'm wondering if that has something to do with the thermostat placement cause it never reaches 70 where i have it set so the draft blower is always running

ps. i cant find anything about the furnace online 

Pine Ridge

Wish I could be more help but I'm not familiar with that furnace. I installed a fire chief 2200 over the summer and I'm learning all the do's and dont's with this forced air furnace. I would figure the dents in back of the firebox are probably from wood being thrown in too hard. It's taking me awhile to get the hang of my furnace, our temperatures here in southwest missouri can be 22 degrees overnight and then warm up in the 60's during the day, easy to build too big of a fire and have it 80 degrees in the house during the day, when I come home from work and the front door on the house is open I know my wife is probably not in the best of moods!!!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Tallwoodsman

My Heatmore OWB was set up to cycle and heat the water 150min to 190max.  By resetting to 160min and 185max, I don't burn as much wood and the house is still warm and hot bath water still HOT.

Thank You Sponsors!