iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Left-handed Porter-Cable chainsaw

Started by btulloh, October 18, 2019, 08:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btulloh

I wonder how many of these were made and how many are still around.  On CL this morning.

HM126

Southside

More importantly I want to know how many guys who tried to start that thing are still around, or at least have all of their external parts!!  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

I would like to have that but shipping would kill me. It is unusual.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

btulloh

Looks like about $70 ups 
They're asking 200 for the saw. 
HM126

bluthum

Ver cool old saw, obviously repainted. I can't help but wonder if the outer part of the starter housing is turned from original position allowing that crazy angle of access to the  starter cord?

sawguy21

btulloh I have never paid that much for an old saw then there is the exchange rate.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

btulloh

I understand. Just making the info available. 

Seems to be a model 534. 95cc, 23.5 lbs. 

Here's a video of one purchased at a flea market for 20 bucks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfrLAyu-X98
HM126

bushmechanic

I once worked for a guy that was left handed and he used his saw that way too. Used to scare me to see that bar so close to his leg all the time!

Al_Smith

That contraption has to be a gear drive .I seriously doubt if it became very popular .

Al_Smith

It looks like what might be a Fairbanks-Morse starter perhaps installed incorrectly ????

Al_Smith

Perhaps correction on my last .On chainsaw collectors corner Mike has several pics of a model 530 and 530 D with the starter facing the rear .It is an F-M starter and direct drive according to the  specs .The OP picture was a little misleading as how I saw it .

Thank You Sponsors!