iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Conundrums. Zen, and Otherwise. Solutions abound!! (w/photo emphasis)

Started by tcsmpsi, March 01, 2007, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

In the mail today, I got this new modem.  Now, I know I had mentioned about the backwood capabilities of my dial-up interaction with the World Wide Web. 
Reasonably, I am figuring that this is some new type configuration which should be the gypsywhangdoodle of dial-up type modems to enhance wood/forest/logging/milling proprietary information.

I've not yet figured out just how to get it hooked up.  However, I do have some theory on how that may be accomplished.  Aahhh...but the complexities of the possibilities are monumental, as the hook-ups provided are completely foreign, and no type instructions were provided, in any language.

Undauntedly, nontheless, I shall pursue the endeavor with the greatest perseverance, and post the process as soon as the solution becomes impeccably available.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

tcsmpsi

Aahh, yes, the world is, indeed, quite the place to be.

Moments ago, while in contact with the FBI on an otherwise unrelated matter, and in my most applied patient manner awaiting, with anticipation, a relevant answer from their database, I was able to clear my immediate environment of all other things (as this week has been a long since unprecedented series of conundrums), I was able to allow things clear and to concentrate on the modem perplexity. 

As it came to me, there is a significant clue/omen to follow...

Yes...it is a telephony modem.  With this significantly intricate information, there is no doubt a solution forthcoming.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

SPIKER

I think you missed the most important part of that picture,  it is a "PHONY MODEM" so be careful as it will not take you to the REAL real wide web :D ;)  You cant say they didn't warn ya cause right there is says it is TELE-ing ya that.  see last  ::) :o

MarkM
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Furby

The instructions can be downloaded from the web............ once you get it connected. ;)

TexasTimbers

I would laugh at that Furby but my internet is out and I can't read it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

tcsmpsi

Pondering relentlessly, I entered the house last night and found my permanent female partner quite asleep on the couch.  This gave me opportunity to read some of the finer detail of some new tools which had come in this week as I awaited her awakening to further assist in my quandry.

She awoke, with fervor, finding that I was Home.  I had to acquiesce, as she had much to extrapolate from her recent experiences.  Some of which I knew to be fortuitous as it was directly related to another specific, whose solution would further free me pursue the modem situation.

She had been called for jury duty on Monday, and during voir dire, due to titilating responses, coupled with...specifically know parnership...won part of the jury lottery.
Which was not particularly pleasing to me, yet always rising to the challenge, I did require it...interesting.

A little research confirmed my suspicion that she was, indeed, a juror on a case of which I was knowledgeable (victim advocate) of many relevant issues which I also knew would not be allowed presence during trial.  Evidence which would clearly dictate a specific verdict were it to be allowed.  And of course, all of which my permanent female partner must not have any hint or inclination.  Yet, it was clear to myself that if any defendant would have relevant need of said specific verdict, this would be a prime candidate.  With prejudice.

Somehow, the defendant must should be convinced to accept a not so generous plea arrangement.

So, the wife's news of the day, that the defendant (and his attorney) had accepted a plea, allowed me to relay a little (keeping all relevant confidences sacred) information of the situation to her. 
Which was necessary, as this then allowed her relief, and was more able to participate in the modem conundrum.

With this clearing, it all became quite exciting and the pieces of the puzzle appropriately applied themselves in magnificent fashion.

Indeed, telephony was the key.  I had been perplexed greatly presuming the modem was to be applied to the computer.  But, 'telephony' finally brought me the realization that it was not to be directly applied to the computer. 

Oooh yes, this is indeed the gypsywhangdoodle of modem communication devices.

Telephony = ears... indeed, a much more direct application, utilizing the very essence of communication...

Thanks, Jeff and Tammy!!

(and hey, I ain't got a thing against orange)   :D

Tom

Now, that was an interesting read.  It's a good thing the perpetrator fessed up or you might have been the object of a mistrial. :D

Good looking Ear Fobs too. ;D

tcsmpsi

Well, the...fellow had long since confessed, but...anyhow...seems there were more teetering on the edge of obstruction, etc....so it seems.  :D

Like to have never found the "modem" in the box, as those who packed it, utilized local newspaper.  Being the inherently nosey sort, I got me a look at life around that county.  Immediately, jumped right out at me when I recognized a photo of the IDPA Director, who was giving a local fellow award for achieving expert shooter in all 5 of their shooting divisions.

And then, right there handy column of You and the Law, asking, "Who's Your Daddy?". ??? ??? 

Found out about the road officer of the year, correction officer of the year, ...one might want to keep a double naught eye on that dispatcher of the year, though.   ;D

Ok, ok.

Thanks, Tom.  I am pleased to know you like my new modem.    :D

TexasTimbers

Shush up all that fancy shmancy tawk and git ta sawin Tex! ;D :)

Jeff

I didnt understand any of it 'cept my name, and today, I aint sure of dat. smiley_dizzy
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

TexasTimbers

Furby

tcsmpsi

Oooohh noooo....no thesasauruseses for me.  They're much too difficult to train.

And, they depend on the interpretive analysis of others.   ;)

Thank You Sponsors!