iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TACO pump life

Started by ButchC, October 16, 2023, 06:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ButchC

I have a 4400 Woodmaster,  a fairly long loop and forced air heat. My register temps started dropping towards the end of last heating season and I could feel a definate drop in loop temp after the heat exchanger. Got out my spare cartridge today,  blew the dust off the 17 year old box and it took all of 10 minutes to install it. Problem fixed.
The original O11 pump ran 18 heating seasons, and beside it is a 007 that pumped a no longer needed loop for 12 seasons. 
Now I am ready to reply to the next "All TACO pumps are junk" posting, 😆  
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

woodroe

I've got 15 yrs on my Taco 007, original cartridge.. Different application than yours 
it being in a solar water heater drainback system. But its working
year round when the sun is shining. 
It pumps water up 9' in the 2 solar panels through 24 1/2" copper pipes. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

I still prefer Grundfos  ;) ;D :D :) I had an original one that was pushing the 20 year service mark that didn't survive a lightning strike. I've had a couple 007s that didn't make it two seasons.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

beenthere

Installed my Bell&Gossett pumps 1994, and have not changed one out since that time. Pumped all the heat in the home from both the wood boiler and the gas boiler. Have spares ready, but just collecting dust on the boxes. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

John Mc

Six Taco pumps in my heating system feeding 5 heat zones and the hot water heater. We've been here 21 years and have only replaced one of them.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

rusticretreater

I bought a used 4400 Woodmaster off of craigslist from an old guy.  He said the furnace was working fine when he disconnected it.  Yeah sure.  It leaked from a rusted out bottom and when I started the pumps, one was dead and the other made a huge racket.

Two new pumps on it now and the bottom is covered with a welded patch.  I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and update it in 20 years.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

ihookem

I got 11 yrs. out of my B&G 36? I start it in Sept. off and on for  a few months. Then around Thanksgiving , I run it 24/7 till around April. Then it is small hot fires every few days.

Thank You Sponsors!