iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help in building log splitter

Started by alsayyed, January 06, 2013, 11:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Dear fellows. I hope everybody is fine and season greetings. I am interested in building a hydraulic log splitter. But do not know how. I have a Honda generator rated at 13 hp model GX 390. I do not know what kind or ram jack I need and how many ton. I was looking for motor but thee are so many in the market, and some of them 11 gpm and 8 gpm . But do not know which is suitable for log splitter. I was looking for valve control do not I need wethee it Is single or dual. Please could anybody help because I have so many logs need to be splitted for camping . And cooking the rice and lamb using wood, taste delicious.

drobertson

You might try checking out Youtube, or just do a google search, be ready to take notes.  Have fun,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

york

For what little wood you need,just hand split.....

albert
Albert

thecfarm

I sure can't help you. I brought one from a tractor place along with a tiller for the garden.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Alsayyed, you need to consider a number of things. How big in diameter and how long is the wood you want to split? Is it difficult to split, is the grain of the wood straight without knots so that it would split easy or is it a twisted tough grain? Do you have access to electricity where you want to split the wood? How portable does the splitter need to be? The answers to these questions will help you decide what type and size of components you will need.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!